PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Starcraft and Battle.net

Mr. 207
10-10-2002, 09:57 PM
A while ago I installed something that changed the servers I could connect to on battle.net. It let me connect to some alternate servers, i think they are used for warez. I dont use the warez version, i actually have the full version. I was trying to install a cd crack, so that I wouldn't have to keep putting the CD in, but it also did this. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it still only lets me go on the alternate servers.

My question is: How can I get the original battle.net servers back. (useast, uswest, etc...) I'm at a loss.

Mak-X
10-10-2002, 10:11 PM
Reinstalling everything would work...because that would delete the file that contains the list of servers... {Though I see you tried that...maybe the whole folder needs to be deleted} I know there is a server switcher you can get at www.net-games.com and maybe at www.sclegacy.com to connect to battle.net.

Look on
www.broodwar.org
www.sclegacy.com
www.net-games.com

Mr. 207
10-10-2002, 10:22 PM
Actually I re-installed it to another directory, but to no avail. I will try the server switcher you talk about, hopefully it works.

MottZilla
10-11-2002, 01:22 AM
You need to uninstall it completely and probably wipe any left over files and reinstall fresh. Battle.net I believe won't let you connect with a modified EXE (or other components). Alternate servers will.

Mr. 207
10-11-2002, 06:11 AM
I said I uninstalled in completely...the thing that stores the battle.net list must be store in the windows directory or somewhere else on the computer.

Anyway, I finally did manage to fix it. I downloaded the program mentioned above by Mak-X. I put useast.battle.net on my list again, and connected. And yay it worked. Even better, when I disconnected from useast, and it went back to the gate selector screen, the original servers were all re-added. So my starcraft gate list is fully restored. Thanks Mak-X.

Kirby of Doom
10-11-2002, 02:56 PM
Hey, talking about Starcraft problems, I got WC3 recently and a new graphics card. Now when I run SC the pictures messed up because of the resolution. Do any of you know how to change the settings for SC so I don't have to keep on switching resolutions in control pannel?

Mak-X
10-11-2002, 03:29 PM
I have no idea... I think Starcraft runs in 640x480, it switches automatically when run. Your new card must not be set right, but I don't know anything about that.

Just a tip, you can switch resolutions quickly by right clicking the desktop and choosing properties.

Not sure why you were having problems, Mr. 207. Uninstalling should have worked, I think I remember the file that contains the server list should be in the Starcraft folder. When I used a server program with the 1.08 version of Starcraft, the next time I ran Starcraft, it would reset to the default server list. There could have been files left over in your folder after uninstall but I don't know.

MottZilla
10-11-2002, 05:01 PM
The application can set the resolution itself. If you have issues with SC, you may be having a driver issue. However if you know a way around it, and it only takes a minute or so to do, you could just keep using that fix.

Mr. 207
10-11-2002, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Mak-X
I have no idea... I think Starcraft runs in 640x480, it switches automatically when run. Your new card must not be set right, but I don't know anything about that.

Just a tip, you can switch resolutions quickly by right clicking the desktop and choosing properties.

Not sure why you were having problems, Mr. 207. Uninstalling should have worked, I think I remember the file that contains the server list should be in the Starcraft folder. When I used a server program with the 1.08 version of Starcraft, the next time I ran Starcraft, it would reset to the default server list. There could have been files left over in your folder after uninstall but I don't know.

Apparently its stored elsewhere. I mean I deleted the entire directory after uninstalling, in addition to putting it in a new folder.

MottZilla
10-11-2002, 08:29 PM
If you couldn't get the original servers back in the list, you needed to clear the registry entries that StarCraft made and didn't delete after uninstall.