PDA

View Full Version : The Best Page in the Universe.

AlexMax
10-10-2002, 08:34 PM
Thanks to TSA for this.

http://maddox.xmission.com/

This is truely one of the most politically incorrect pages ever. Stuff here is insulting and hateful, yet oh so true.

And yes...

http://maddox.xmission.com/xbox_suckit.html

This is my favorite page on the site. Mainly because it's true.

Paradox
10-10-2002, 08:37 PM
lol that's... funny and interesting..........................

AtmaWeapon
10-10-2002, 08:42 PM
I saw it earlier today... a bit egotistical, no?

Menokh
10-10-2002, 09:23 PM
As I said on another forum, this page is great.
It seems to be an odd mix of twisted humor and serious comments. Some people may have problems telling the two apart, however.

DukenukemX
10-10-2002, 10:31 PM
Forget the Xbox I like this (http://www.mopar-man.com/muppet.html) better.

I couldn't stand watching what they did with Extreme Ghostbusters. It pissed me off.

That is the best site in the Universe. :D

Politically Incorrect is correct.

Thunderbird
10-10-2002, 10:41 PM
DukenukemX, the site you linked to seems to be down or your link is bad.

Kirby of Doom
10-10-2002, 10:49 PM
"Over 25% of the surface area on the controller is wasted by a giant green Xbox jewel--you know, in case you forget what system you're playing in between loading screens. "

This is great stuff. I've been saying all along how the controller is so stupid, and that's only a small topic. I never liked XBox, but never thought it was so bad.

From my brother's thing:

"I just jumped on A, now press B, over."
"What?"
"I said press B!"
"I can't hear you, the walkie-talkies don't go that far!"

Dracula
10-10-2002, 10:54 PM
5. No Soul.
You'll never see games like Metal Slug, Radiant Silvergun or Castlevania come out for the Xbox because Microsoft hasn't made the system attractive to the Japanese market. Capcom, Konami, SNK and a slew of other big game developers have turned their backs towards the Xbox except for a cursory presence with a half-hearted title port. There is light at the end of the tunnel, however. Sega is working on a Panzer Dragoon title as well as Toe Jam & Earl III. Regardless, the Xbox is still a PC at heart, right down to the hard drive and buggy software.

Just THAT lil' section is enough to explain what's wrong with XBOX. At least Konami supports a bloody, story fresh, exploration, RPG-like vamp-fest on a lil' cube... Honestly, I wouldn't have expected it, but Konami is saying so... very little, but they're saying so...

stormwatcheagle
10-10-2002, 11:42 PM
GOD DAMMIT! ALL SYSTEMS ARE FUCKING PC'S AT HEART! WHY CAN'T PEOPLE GET THAT TROUGH THEY'RE PEA BRAINS? IT USES A CPU, AKA COMPUTER! THREADS LIKE THIS FOR ANY SYSTEM REALLY, REALLY PISS ME OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thunderbird
10-10-2002, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by stormwatcheagle
GOD DAMMIT! ALL SYSTEMS ARE FUCKING PC'S AT HEART! WHY CAN'T PEOPLE GET THAT TROUGH THEY'RE PEA BRAINS? IT USES A CPU, AKA COMPUTER! THREADS LIKE THIS FOR ANY SYSTEM REALLY, REALLY PISS ME OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PCs are usually referred to as computers with x86 processors ;). I don't hear anyone calling a Mac a PC ;).

PS2 uses its own 128 bit processor, and the GameCube has a 64 bit one (not sure of what it is).

The reason the Xbox has been getting flak for this is because it is literally a Windows computer (it even uses the Win2K kernel). The PS2 and GC are not (Linux does exist for the PS2, but it is incredibly limited from what I've heard).

Menokh
10-11-2002, 01:08 AM
There is no such thing as a 128 bit processor.
Just to clear up some confusion, all three systems out now use 32 bit microprocessors, Xbox uses a Pentium 3, Gamecube uses an IBM powerPC chip, and PS2 uses something. The bit rate(128 on all three) is determined by adding the bit rate of something or other, it has little to do with the CPU.

The Xbox is basically an x86 Windows 2000 PC. The main differences are a 'secure boot' system and instead of normal BIOS you have a system ROM.

The Gamecube and PS2 however are not like Personal Computers, they are still computers obviously.

On a side note, I was playing an xbox game in Best Buy earlier today, it was some racing game with jet cars of some kind(really cool), anyhow I couldn't control it well simply because of the controller's sheer size. I would love to know what genius at MS came up with that controller.

Kirby of Doom
10-11-2002, 10:32 AM
You didn't know that Bozo the Clown works for Microsoft??? :D