PDA

View Full Version : Which 'Caster' is the Best?

theplustwo
10-08-2002, 10:33 PM
Stratocaster or Telecaster? Which is better? I'm looking to play in the style of the 'big four' among others, like smashmouth, weezer, whatever. Pretty much anything but nu metal power ballads.

Any input? (p.s. Mostly, I think the band, called 'theplustwo' coincidentally, will probably end up being the most like the hives, due to my super crazy front man, Jay)

Beldaran
10-08-2002, 11:05 PM
I would recommend a stratocaster. However, it is purely an opinon. The Stratocaster is not "better" than the telecaster. In my opinion, it offers a greater range of tones, a gutsier look and feel, and is a little more sleek/sexy looking. However, as I said, it is up to a player's individual tastes and preferences.

Have fun!:thumbsup:

theplustwo
10-08-2002, 11:08 PM
Yeah, I hear that the strats are more versatile and the teles are more 'twangy' which, while cool, might not sound right for what I want to play. My older bro Jim picked up a Les Paul (well, it was a crate actually) Which sounds really cool and sorta like the guitars in 'hate to say I told you so'

Beldaran
10-09-2002, 04:19 AM
Really, it has almost nothing to do with what kind of guitar you have. It's all about which amp and/or pedals you use. I could play any piece of shit guitar and make it sound like a les Paul, if I had the right amp. That's what I would worry about if I were you.

theplustwo
10-09-2002, 11:36 AM
yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking. I'll probably end up with a knock-off strat, due to cash issues, but along the way Ill pick up some sweet pedals and mooch an amp off of my brother. I really like the crate amps, they rox0r :P