PDA

View Full Version : Warrior's Rise returns to the world

Aegis Runestone
10-08-2002, 05:25 PM
Yes yes, simmer down children. Yes, I'll sign autographs. :blah:

Anyways, here's whats up...I'm working on adding the magic meter, the Fireball spell(wand) will use magic power but the candle won't, so relax. Getting through lvl 1 won't be a major pain in your hairy arse....well sorta.

Here's the story for the kids who missed this quest:
A time ago in the Land of Hyrule, the land was peaceful and nations did not war aganist each other. However, there was still crime and Bountys needed to be taken care of.

Since the Soldiers were always guarding the Castle, the King had a Mercanary Program put together. Mercanaries are warriors who will do any job for money.

One Mercanary hails from the Forest, his Name is Link Stalfos(last name I made up for Link). Link is a quiet fello, but he is very agile and clever. His only weapon he has is a Hookshot, and his only defense is an Iron Shield, weaker than the Hylian Shields the Knights of Hyrule use.

One Day, Link is called by an old man named Abei for an assignment. The Payment is 150 ruppees, which is enough for Link to Buy a Hylian Sword. He says he'll meet Link in Kakakrio Village to Disscuss the Matter.

However, this job that Link is about to take may decide Hyrule's fate...

I'll post some screenshots when I can.

KJAZZ
10-08-2002, 07:53 PM
Nice. I always enjoy your quests, been a while since I played one..;)

MountainDrew023
10-08-2002, 08:30 PM
Wow its been a long time. I liked this quest. Can't wait.

-MD

Demimore
10-09-2002, 05:24 AM
Hmmm.... have you started on it now? Hope so anyways!! : D

ShadowTiger
10-09-2002, 08:10 AM
This was the first "Real" Quest that came close to the quality of DoY. So many of us await to see the efforts of such a talented quest author. Someday, maybe some us will be able to submit similar works, but that day has not come when more than a couple of you guys can do that. We look forward to your masterpiece. The demo was great. I just couldn't figure out what the boomerang was for since we had the hookshot.

Aegis Runestone
10-09-2002, 12:08 PM
When WR came out, the hookshot couldn't kill bats, so the boomerang is used for that.

Here are my future plans:
*Magic Shop--> Sells magic jars to restore your mana
*Magic Cave--> Area with mutliple dungeons that contain a Magic Container at the end to increase your magic. This cave is south of the Side enterance to Hyrule Castle, it was originally planned to hold a Heart Piece, but I decided I needed to Scarifice it.
*Level 1 - I'm adding a boomerang trigger to give the boomerang some use.
*New graphics with the increased tile pages...such as better sword icons, multi-frame teleport tiles and more.
*Bug-fixes from first demo.

I'll have screenshots up by next week maybe, because I'm going to leave friday and i'll be back Monday late night. And i have school on Tuesday, so... :p Expect next week.

Look for new quests that I am going to make. Such as a Castlevania and the return of the Aegis Runestone Quest.

BTW: what's DoY?

Demimore
10-09-2002, 12:17 PM
I knew that!^^;;

Fade to Black
10-09-2002, 12:44 PM
DoY is a good, but highly overrated, quest that C-Dawg made. I'll have to check out your quest when you release it...unfortunately, I don't have the demo of it from before anymore.

Demimore
10-09-2002, 12:45 PM
I dont think there is a better quest than WR!

Aegis Runestone
10-09-2002, 01:56 PM
Yes yes but what does DoY STAND for?

Demi: except maybe the next quest of mine :)

plith
10-09-2002, 04:25 PM
Dreams of Yesterday.
And there is indeed a better quest... Descendant.

MountainDrew023
10-09-2002, 10:01 PM
Actually maybe its better no one's played it. DoE is good too.(Days of Eternity [4level demo])Nick made it. I'm also making a large quest named SoMI. (Saga of Mario I[4level demo])

Anyway, I'm excited to see this "ancient" quest be worked on.

(Yes I know its seems odd a year is "ancient")

-MD

KJAZZ
10-10-2002, 12:36 AM
DESCENDANT ROCKS :D

Hey, I still have the old version...hehe..

Aegis, the hookshot kills bats now...just so you know..BTW Aegis, got aim? ;)

Aegis Runestone
10-10-2002, 12:13 PM
Yes I know KJAZZ.....no I don't use AIM anymore. :p Sorry guys....no updates until tuesday now....gunna leave today.

Jigglysaint
10-10-2002, 10:24 PM
Don't forget to put in the boss key(what am I saying, 163 doesn't have the boss key in it)

Just wait untill the next beta and I'm sure it will be better.

On another note, if another beta comes out I will finally be able to make and distribute my sequal quest, and maybe a few other quests I have worked on since 1.84 came out. I have a ton of quests, but they are all incomplete since I keep adding things to them.

IceMan2x
10-13-2002, 02:37 AM
oooo i remember this game =D cant wait, glad your still working on it

DarkSoul
10-14-2002, 12:08 PM
BH4 showed it to me when he first got it. It is where we got our "Hyrule Field" Midi. We have cherished it ever since!