PDA

View Full Version : bah, Just got back from the studio

Beldaran
10-08-2002, 03:37 AM
I just returned from the recording studio, and the entire evening was proof that every one except me is an idiot. (except you)

The sound engineer wouldn't know a good guitar tone if it crawled up his ass and exploded in a fiery ball of rusty shrapnel. Most of the solos, while played well, sounded crappy because of his lame ass tone.

So now I am busy RE-DOING all my work at $45 an hour. BLah.

However, I wrote a FANTASTIC acoustic guitar duet in the studio and managed to record it. I finished two great acoustic pieces tonight, so the evening wasn't a total wash.

The Savior
10-08-2002, 07:45 AM
I'm glad that the evening wasn't completly wasted, and I know the feeling of having somebody else ruin your work with their ignorance. That really sucks, bro.

Lone Wolf
10-08-2002, 08:51 AM
Good to hear you got something out of it. Too bad you didn't get more.

Cyclone
10-08-2002, 10:04 AM
Yeah, you should've got more. Can you file a complaint?

And we're doing complaint letters in English now...:kawaii:

Cyclone

DarkPanther
10-08-2002, 10:36 AM
So.... what you're sayin' is.... Avril still hasn't called, huh? That sux dood. Give it time, give it time.... :)

theplustwo
10-08-2002, 11:51 AM
Maybe you can get the time you need to re-do the songs that the idiot messed up for a discount, if you complain to the right people. :P

Beldaran
10-08-2002, 12:54 PM
Forget it. I'm just going to finish the damn album in my room on my mini-studio. I bet will sound better anyway, and I don't have to put up with some one's demented idea of what sounds good.

Seriously, you guys should have heard it. My guitar sounded like shit and he was rocking out and stuff. WTF.

Cyclone
10-08-2002, 02:38 PM
Well, everyone's opinion is different. :shrug:

Cyclone

theplustwo
10-08-2002, 03:01 PM
just make sure and post some 'o' it when your done so we can dance all night 'till the break of dawn :thumbsup:

GuitarmanTim
10-11-2002, 09:09 AM
your going to the wrong studio then. I've never actually recorded in a studio yet but I do know that a good studio lets you make your input, and tries to stay clear of giving personal sound preferences. It's suppost to sound like what you want it to sound like, not what they want it to sound like. That's why I bought my recording soundcard for my pc, so I can tweak stuff just the way I like it. Btw, could you email me some of that acoustic stuff? I wanna hear what you can do on an acoustic guitar ;) Thanx in advance Forrest :)