PDA

View Full Version : Ikaruga (Naomi & Dreamcast)

MottZilla
10-07-2002, 05:35 PM
I don't know if many here have even heard of it, or played it, but Ikaruga is a shooter game, like 19XX. However it's totally 3D rendered. It's an amazing game with a nice soundtrack and great graphics, quite challenging too.

Here are some screenshots. (http://www.angelfire.com/mo2/megamanx/ikaruga/index.ht)

I took those so everyone could see some of it. I'd like to record a movie clip as well, but the first one turned out to be 180mb which showed me completing the entire first level.

Mak-X
10-07-2002, 05:56 PM
I've heard of it, is it made by Treasure? I know Penny Arcade was talking about it a week or so ago when they imported it.

The screenshots are fuzzy, but the game looks cool.

Maverick_Zero
10-07-2002, 06:24 PM
I think it is the last game to come out for the dreamcast, it sounds cool, but I don't like to import games.

ShyGuy0824
10-07-2002, 06:34 PM
heh, it's coming out to Gamecube soon...

Mak-X
10-07-2002, 07:48 PM
It is coming to Gamecube? Great!

http://cube.ign.com/articles/371/371634p1.html

AlexMax
10-07-2002, 09:30 PM
Ive always wanted to play that game...

AtmaWeapon
10-07-2002, 11:10 PM
The whole black/white thing is what gets my attention. I mean, you can actually absorb bullets the same color as your ship. The PA crew seemed to make it sound like it is impossible to dodge every bullet in the game, you have to carefully manage your color. I like the sound, and may buy.

First, I have to resolve my possible $190 fine for improper tint on my car.

MottZilla
10-08-2002, 05:37 PM
Ikaruga will come out for the cube? That'd be neat. And yes, Ikaruga is made by Treasure.

The game is awesome. If I had the money I might consider importing it, but then there is no guarentee the bootdisc would boot it on an american DC, so I'll stick with my copy for now.

And since the game was done on Naomi arcade hardware, all sound, graphics, etc were completly compatable with Dreamcast, making the size of the game hardly anything. I have a backup in a 20meg rar. =) hehe. And I could probably get more clear screenshots, as the program I used to get the shots is rather shitty quality imo.

AlexMax
10-08-2002, 09:51 PM
A 20 meg RAR?

GIVE ME NOW YOU WHORE!!!!1111

MottZilla
10-09-2002, 12:27 AM
:p Well see the first 19megs are free. After that it's 1 cent per kilobyte.

Mak-X
10-09-2002, 12:30 AM
lol

Speaking of Treasure, Treasure made a game for N64 called "Sin and Punishment" (Japan only) that is suppose to be a shooter like Starfox, but a female with a gun standing on floating ramps. Its even dubbed in english. Someday, I think I want to import this game and play it. From what I saw on Extended Play a long while back, it looked really good, and got good praise from Extended Play and EGM, it should have been released in the U.S. or ported to GCN. You can buy it at www.videogamedepot.com and sometimes www.ebay.com

MottZilla
10-09-2002, 12:33 AM
Outta find a rom instead. ;p Cheaper and easier.