PDA

View Full Version : Something behind the Ghost?

bigjoe
10-07-2002, 05:30 AM
A fairly recent interview (http://www.gamespy.com/tgs2002/starcraftint/) with Bill Roper might have might have taken some of us aback with the quote "We certainly don’t see StarCraft: Ghost as being something that replaced StarCraft II. It’s just as likely that StarCraft II will be released at the same time as Ghost. "

In my personal opinion ,Blizzard is sending out the Ghost ....

But the nuke is yet to come.. :evil:

KingArthur
10-07-2002, 11:37 AM
WOOO!
I believe the bulks of my feelings are expressed in the above.

Beldaran
10-07-2002, 03:22 PM
Actually, if you go to the official website for Ghost, Blizzard explicitly says that they plan on revisiting the Star Craft universe for PC, but that Ghost is an entirely separate effort. So yes, they will still be making StarCraft 2 and it isn't ghost.

Mak-X
10-07-2002, 03:23 PM
From that I take it to mean that Starcraft 2 is still in the works, and Starcraft: Ghost is not a replacement for Starcraft 2. (I never thought Ghost was replacing SC2 though).

Beldaran
10-07-2002, 04:16 PM
Sorry Mak, I had a typo in my post and I clarified it a bit.:)

Mak-X
10-07-2002, 06:13 PM
Oh, opps, I missed your post, but I was still responding to the topic post and saying what I thought so heh. But that does confirm what I said.

I kinda felt that Blizzard wasn't going to announce Starcraft 2 at the Tokyo Game Show because Warcraft 3 just came out. I'm sure Starcraft 2 won't come out until Warcraft 3's expansion has come out, the two games would be competing for the same product/market.

Warlock
10-07-2002, 06:38 PM
Yeah, I doubt SC 2 is even in development right now. The whole thing about the quote is that they constantly have to reassure ppl that they will do the game eventually (in other words, quit yer bitchin'! :D)

I don't care too much when they make it personally. I'd like to see some new stuff from them.

mrz84
10-08-2002, 02:13 AM
SC2! SC2! SC2! :kawaii:

AlexMax
10-08-2002, 12:39 PM
In spite of bordering on being spammy, I would have to agree with Mr. Z. I also pray that they keep the 'hero' aspect in Warcraft and either stick to its roots or come up with something different for SC2...

teddyboy420
10-08-2002, 10:00 PM
They were having the same discussion at another board I go to, that is whether SC2 would or should have a hero system.

I really liked the hero system in Warcraft III, it brought a whole new dimension to the game. I think it could work in SC2 also, but not exactly the same way. I think the heroes in Starcraft should at LEAST have unique units, instead of putting Jim Raynor in just a vulture, let him have like a customized or unique vulture. And instead of spells they could gain unique abilities and instead of items, they could get special parts or something like that. I just hope they can keep the population(?) cap high, at least 150.

mrz84
10-09-2002, 01:19 AM
gomen nasai. i wasn't trying to spam. just say my opinion. :kawaii: yay, the heroes thing would be a nice addition to SC2. the only ral unigue untis they had in the first one was kerrigan as a ghost and the queen of blades. i think that was it. :kawaii:

Dark_Xero
10-09-2002, 03:03 PM
Raynor was stronger than most Vutures, and so were all the other hero's.

Mak-X
10-09-2002, 03:53 PM
Yeah, there was a hero for each unit in Stacraft. Raynor is a Marine in one of the early missions. Other examples are Zeratul (Dark Templar), Pheonix (Zealot, Dragoon), Zerg have those Hydra hunters. There's heros for every unit that didn't get any in the campaign editor too.

EWild
10-09-2002, 04:06 PM
I think heros would be cool, and I can't wait for SC2. :)

mrz84
10-09-2002, 04:18 PM
i can't wait either. maybe they'll put in some of those hybid units mentioned in zeratul's secret mission in the zerg brood war campaign. maybe not. but it would make the game all the more interesting. :kawaii: