PDA

View Full Version : Another Adventure: Labrynth of Dinus

Fade to Black
10-07-2002, 01:36 AM
This quest is the sequal to my very first quest, LoZ: Another Adventure. Tony, the hero and grandson of Link, gets lost in a forest outside of Hyrule. He comes across a fortress and decides to have a look inside. He discovers that this fortress is a very large labrynth created by the Lord Dinus as a trap for Tony. Why? He doesn't know, (and neither do I yet) but he is soon to find out.

This quest takes place mainly inside a gigantic dungeon, and plays like a hybrid between Zelda and CV: Symphony of the Night or Super Metroid. I'm not sure how much overworld I'll have in this quest, probably not alot, unless someone suggests something otherwise or I have an awsome idea of some sort.

I have a demo cooked up for you guys. It spans two "levels" and isn't too difficult. I do plan on making this quest as difficult as I want to in the long run. I'm not aiming to please anyone here, just satisfying my craving to make a quest. If you think this sucks, then up yours. :kawaii:

http://www.geocities.com/narshecaves/dinus.html

Foxx
10-07-2002, 02:26 AM
Very neat design of the dungeons... I must ask, is that a Level 7 midi from Link's Awakening that you have there? I'd like to know where you got it... but I think that the quest plays more like straight LTTP than the mixes you mentioned. It would also be nice to be able to find my way around in the subscreen map, and finally, you might want to fix the left-hand Aquamentus graphics, they're messed up.

EDIT: never mind about the midi, I hadn't realized that they actually update at vgmusic.com every once in a while (I presume that's where you picked it up).

C-Dawg
10-07-2002, 02:30 AM
As I recall, the Aquamentos Graphics are just messed up period in the current beta. He can't fix it.

-C

Fade to Black
10-07-2002, 11:55 AM
Yeah, I can't fix the aquamentus graphics, and I knew they'd be messed up. That being said, I don't plan on a full release until the next beta. I'm also contemplating whether or not I want to put in maps. I might, but I'm not completely sure yet. And trust me, once its done, it will be very very non linear, and you can pretty much do what you want to in terms of levels eventually.

Thanks for the input Foxx, and yes, I did get the midi from VG Music.

Raichu86
10-07-2002, 05:04 PM
I'll check it out. :)

ms_zelda_lady
10-07-2002, 06:40 PM
Great demo I must say but I'm stuck at the beginning of the 2nd Level. Can't figure out how to get the key from the bottom of the room. Please any hints will be appreciated.

Thanks
ms_zelda_lady

Fade to Black
10-07-2002, 10:30 PM
Try using bombs. That is key in any quest. USE BOMBS!!

*Update*

I didn't mean to...but I accidentally uploaded my backup file over my demo file...so if you download now, you'll get a helluva lot more than you did before. So uhh...yeah. Didn't want to bump cause I didn't want to release another demo.