PDA

View Full Version : Stick a fork in the Yankees, 'cause they're done!

AlphaDawg
10-05-2002, 08:23 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=221005103

Thank God! Slowly everything is becoming right in baseball again.

Oh, if only TSA wasn't in self-imposed exile...

Hey, wait a minute, he does frequent the AZC boards... (rushes over to AZC)

mike5000
10-05-2002, 08:25 PM
Yeah I saw the Locker room Wine shower the Angels were taking!

Starkist
10-05-2002, 08:26 PM
WooHoo! Even though watching a Twins-Angels ALCS would be great, it would also be neat to see Jason Giambi see his former team play while he's sitting at home.

teddyboy420
10-05-2002, 08:36 PM
Whatever...

They won, lets see 4 out of the last 5 years. They can't win every year. And as for things "slowly becoming right in baseball again", stop your crying. You're just upset that the yankees were the best team in baseball and you needed an excuse as to why.

Yes they spend money, because they make money, no other sports franchise IN THE WORLD is as recognized as the New York Yankees. That's why they have the money to spend, b/c they earn it. That's the way America works, it's called Capitialism, ever hear of it?

edit: It's ok if they don't win this year, they have 26 championships. That's like 20 more than anyone else :tongue:

Paradox
10-05-2002, 08:52 PM
in the words of the great Stimpy (Stimpson J. Cat):

HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY

WarOmnimon
10-05-2002, 09:06 PM
*Yankees Headquarters*

Yankees Trainee Just one more game...

*Nuclear Launch Detected*

Yankees Coach ......oh s**t........

:P

Anyway, my roomate was so happy to hear this news.

jman2050
10-05-2002, 09:12 PM
AM I the only one who's mad to see the Yanks lose?

Ah well, they can't win every year. They're still the best franchise ever, so I'm happy with that :D .

Starkist
10-05-2002, 09:52 PM
Five years from now when the Yanks have a losing season and their fair weather fans are gone, they'll still be resting on their laurels of 26 titles....

AlexMax
10-05-2002, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by WarOmnimon
*Yankees Headquarters*

Yankees Trainee Just one more game...

*Nuclear Launch Detected*

Yankees Coach ......oh s**t........

:P

Anyway, my roomate was so happy to hear this news.

THEIF!!!!!!!!!11

Paradox
10-05-2002, 11:24 PM
i hate the yankees. the red sox are the best. why, next year i predict they will win the world series... and for 10 consecutive years after... yep...

Orion
10-06-2002, 12:13 AM
I don't know about the Twins. Gotta root for the home team, but you'll think they'll win tomorrow? If they do, it'll be Twins v. Angels. If not, it will be Athletics v. Angels. And frankly, I hate the A's.

Cyclone
10-06-2002, 01:13 AM
The Yanks are eliminated?

WOO HOO! http://www2.incredimail.com/images/splash/em2.gif

BTW, that's a new smiley for you guys. ;)

Cyclone

Beldaran
10-06-2002, 02:10 AM
lol yes! Enough with the god damned yankees. I'm so sick of them its gross.

Seigeless
10-06-2002, 07:53 PM
Its sad, especially that I am a Yankee fan. I hope they still keep David Wells, though. He just had a bad 5th inning... :(

AlphaDawg
10-06-2002, 08:46 PM
And now the Twins upset the A's... geez, now I don't know who to root for. :confused:

On a side note, goddamn Eagles, check my sig for details.

ShyGuy0824
10-06-2002, 09:22 PM
I believe the Twins are being shut down after this season, so I'd be rooting for them. And I hope they work something out so that there's a maximum salary cap rule in the future or something so that people quit whining about the Yankees unfair advantage...

OG TIWNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111

AlphaDawg
10-06-2002, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by ShyGuy0824
I believe the Twins are being shut down after this season, so I'd be rooting for them.Nah, the agreement reached by the owners and players to avert a strike included a clause to put off contraction until at least 2007.

teddyboy420
10-06-2002, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by jman2050
AM I the only one who's mad to see the Yanks lose?

Ah well, they can't win every year. They're still the best franchise ever, so I'm happy with that :D .

Did you read my post, two above yours?

Hell no you're not the only one upset to see them lose. I love the Yankees. It's a shame they lost, but they've won the last 4 out of 5 years, and lets see 21 times before that. Can't win them all, but the Yankees have won alot of them.

Hey Paradox, guess what? The Red Sox will probably NEVER win a Series again. They're cursed, what curse you ask? The curse of the bambino Yankees, Yankees, Yankees, Yankees

They'll be back and win again next year. nd once again everyone will bow down to the best team in baseball!!!!!