PDA

View Full Version : 24x Dvd-rw Drive And Can Only Burn At 4x-8x?

mike5000
10-05-2002, 08:10 PM
sorry I wasnt sure where to post this..

I am using Roxio ez cd creator 5.1 platnum and
my only burning speed options are 4x-8x and I have a 24x Dvd-Rw drive. I am trying to use a SONY cd-R 1x-24x cd!!

according to other posts iv read at there extreamly useless site I should be able to burn at a faster speed.

I checked the hardware profiles and it says that my burner is a 24x

-EZCD creator only has the 4x-8x option on everything I try to burn, music, cd copy etc.

Can sobody tell me where I can make it burn at faster speeds?

thanks!

-ps. plz dont direct me to roxio's cite, i already posted there and I came here cuz I know you guys are way smarter than they are!:D

Gerudo
10-05-2002, 08:15 PM
you probably got a shit shareware version... yknow, the kind that limits burning power and what you can do...

warez, man... get warez...

(if u dont know, i aint gonna tell ya)

mike5000
10-05-2002, 08:21 PM
A shit shareware version...cant be I BOUGHT THE 5.1 PLANTUM FROM THE STORE its the suped up version with everything on it.

DukenukemX
10-05-2002, 08:32 PM
I had the same problem when I built my new PC. The Promise chip needed Promise drivers to get the CD drives speed detected. The Microsoft drivers were a problem. Even if the my 24X CDRW is not hooked up to the Promise chip it still was effected by the drivers and detected as a 8X burner.

Also make sure you download ecdc_v5.3.1.154_plt_enu_SP4.exe to update Easy CD Creator. It helped fix a UDF CDRW problem with my PC.

Do a search on google for it since you need to be registered to download from Roxio's site.

Also a few other tips would be to make sure your using the latest drivers for your motherboard chipset. Like SIS, VIA, Intel, and etc. Also Microsoft drivers are crap. Even if the drivers are a year older with Microsoft's use the manufacturer's drivers anyway.

One more thing Easy CD Creator is crap. Nero has always worked for me. I only have Easy CD Creator because of Direct CD with CDRW's and yes I'm use the Pirated version. ;)

matthew986
10-05-2002, 08:32 PM
Is it an external? If so it might require USB 2.0. If you only have 1.0 then it cuts speeds down alot.

AlphaDawg
10-05-2002, 08:38 PM
This may sound like a stupid question, but are you sure that's a 24x DVD-RW drive you have and not a 2.4x? Because 2.4x is the fastest DVD-RW drive I've seen (and I work at Best Buy) and they all write CD-R's somewhere around 8-12x. If you want faster CD-R burning, you'll need a separate CD-RW drive.

mike5000
10-05-2002, 09:21 PM
Those basterds....sorry for waisting your time....This DVD-RW DVD-104 cd burner came with the computer and It was advertised as 24x READ!!! I thought it was write!! I went to pioneers site and looked up my burner...its only 8x...im pissed -the site says its a 2x dvd burner and that its awesome...but who knows!

Cyclone
10-06-2002, 01:09 AM
It says it's a 2x burner and it's awesome? Did I miss something here?

Cyclone

Flash Man
10-06-2002, 02:08 AM
Normally its Write Speed/ReWrite Speed/Read Speed for CD-RWs at least. I believe for DVD-RWs it has a seperate thing it says for DVD-Rs and then one for CD-Rs. Also most likely they advertised it that way, you just didn't read it correctly.

Thunderbird
10-06-2002, 02:20 AM
Cyclone, the 2X is the DVD burn speed. Not the CD burn speed.