PDA

View Full Version : "Legal Emulation" Revisited

VGWarrior
10-05-2002, 02:07 PM
For those of you that forgot, I had asked if there would be no legal problems running a legit copy of a PSX game on an emulator; you guys have said there was no problem.

Now, I've bought a game that I'm willing to test this out on: Spyro's Year of the Dragon. My question is the following: which emulator do you recommend?

I have a Win98 system with the latest in DirectX and other plugins, and I have a "digital" joypad (Gravis Gamepad Pro).

cap2030
10-05-2002, 02:28 PM
epsxe
www.epsxe.com

VGWarrior
10-05-2002, 02:54 PM
Alright...I have everything completely setup except for the actual "bios" thingy.

Any assistance, please? This program isn't fully helping me here.

AlexMax
10-05-2002, 02:58 PM
You need to get the BIOS off of Kazaa or the web or something. Just put in the BIOS filename in a search engine and it should come up with something.

Otherwise, you better know how to rip the bios from a PSX....

VGWarrior
10-05-2002, 03:03 PM
Then is there a specific bios filename for Year of the Dragon? I really want to know if I can get this to work.

I don't know how to rip from a PSX...all I know is that it involves a gameshark or something, and I'm not paying extra for that.

DukenukemX
10-05-2002, 06:29 PM
Just search for SCPH1001.bin . It's the US bios.

Theres others like SCPH5000, 5500, and 7502. They rang from the Japanesse bios to a hacked bios.

Just type SCPH1001 in google and you will find one in no time.

VGWarrior
10-06-2002, 11:12 AM
Figured that out a few minutes after I made my previous post here...now I got things working, and I will say that this game (Spyro: Year of the Dragon) is a good one.

*spoiler alert*

Not exactly far into the game, but I will admit, it was a JOY to see Sheila the kangaroo give Moneybags a good kicking once I set her free......I need games and situations like that at this part of my life.

*spoiler alert end*

If anyone has any old PSX games they don't want, then send them my way.