PDA

View Full Version : Rain Tiles

fingolfin
10-04-2002, 09:01 PM
Anyone got some rain tiles i can have? i prefer the ones from Z3, but right now i'll take anything i can get, as long as it's not just two different frames.

imported_Cool_Link
10-05-2002, 12:24 AM
What the heck, I'm in a good mood.:D
http://zcstuff.netfirms.com/Rainy!.bmp

C-Dawg
10-05-2002, 01:39 AM
Well, if you want rain, you have five choices. 1) Newfirst Rain 2) Mystic Land Rain 3) Lttp Rain 4) Dreams of Yesterday Rain 5) make your own goddamn rain IT TAKES FIVE SECONDS JESUS FUCK.

-C

DarkSFK
10-05-2002, 10:50 AM
Here's what you do. Make some diagonal blue lines in a tile. Then, take that tile and shift it down and to the right/left 2 times. Copy that tile, shift it down and left/right 2 times again until you have tiles. Then make them a combo and voila! You have rain.

Blonde799
10-05-2002, 08:18 PM
Well, if you want complex rain, make your own with the arrow keys. You want geh rain? Use any of the above.:blah: :tongue:
Like C-Dawg said, making rain is easy as hell, if you know how to to use fluid animation in your tiles.:)

ShadowTiger
10-06-2002, 11:10 AM
Fluid animation is what makes the world go round.

Then again, you can't go wrong with the rain from the Mystic Land Tileset by PrinceMSC!

Better yet, Newfirst-Fixed.qst has some great rain in the graveyard.

ZeldaLord
10-06-2002, 12:25 PM
Does anyone know how you set up the Lttp rain?

fingolfin
10-06-2002, 01:03 PM
That's kind of what i was asking. How do you set up Lttp Rain?
Oh, and thanks Cool Link. At least you don't get pissed as easily as C-Dawg does.

Blonde799
10-06-2002, 01:57 PM
Here's how I set up rain in link's bizarre adventure.
1. Make a raindrop. Fat, small, dildo-like, it's up to you.
2. Click edit on that raindrop. Use the arrow keys in this editor to move your raindrop. If you want it to go diagonally downwards, start with the first raindrop, then copy it, enter the editor with the second drop, and press left/right, then down.
3. Repeat for the rest. If you want really nice animations, do the tiles animating one pixel at a time. This should take 15 tiles if you're using one cycle.
4. As for the splashing effect, make a circle on a blank tile(you could have many circles if ya want, but 3 is the max if you don't want it to get complicated). The circle should be 1 or 4 pixels round. Have the circles expand with each frame up to 3 frames. You can have variating cycles if you want for maximum reality.

Now, just have the raindrops combo on any layer above 2, have the splashing combo on any layer below 3, and for realistic rain, have all layers translucent.

C-Dawg
10-06-2002, 04:05 PM
There is an alternate strategy, one that the ML rain uses. On slower machines, multiple layers full of animated combos can slow you down immensly. You can just use one layer by making Overlaying your rain animation on the splatter animation and drawing it in that way.

I prefer the more machine-intensive rain, since 1) you can be more random with it and it ends up looking more natural and 2) you can set the splatter to animate at a different rate than the raindrops.

-C

fingolfin
10-06-2002, 09:46 PM
Ok, i'll try it. Thanks.