PDA

View Full Version : Ah, the memories...

Cyclone
10-04-2002, 02:35 AM
Anyone remember this (http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9675)? 1.92 build 64...the "illicit" beta...I went looking up the data on it as part of my version history file. I archived it upon sight. I think it s belongs there.

BTW, to explain references to LC, Darth used to be known as LORDCRONIC upon joining. He was one of the few to get a name change.

It's late. I got the date I wanted from the thread found. I'm going to bed. :sleep:

Cyclone

VGWarrior
10-05-2002, 02:30 PM
I remember when DC was LC...not worth getting into here.

What made this beta so "illicit" to quote you? I wasn't here for all of the beta reports.

Menokh
10-05-2002, 03:15 PM
VG, it was supposedly 'leaked' by DC and then DC was 'banned' and so on.
Great acting, I'll tell you.

The beta had a 'bug' that prevented you from saving quests in Zquest.

Jigglysaint
10-06-2002, 12:31 AM
Little known fact: I was the one who thought up the idea for the prank. The others just took off from there.

ShadowTiger
10-06-2002, 10:28 AM
Hmm. Apparently. (My favorite word.. :P )

I liked that beta. I couldn't download it B/C my modem is a measly 2k modem, so I asked my friend to put it on a CD for me. I think that that beta changed my view on ZC. You should have seen me jumping up in my chair as I read the new beta reports on the AZC page. Spilled coffee, among other things. That was fun.

Teachers kicked my arse for it though. But it was worth it. That's what got me into constantly scanning the beta reports and suggestions page. I practically live there now. (Think I'm exaggerating?)

obi
10-06-2002, 07:48 PM
Hmm, the madness before I joined, I also got some form of Public beta from AZC before I joined AGN, (I was looking for a nice update for my v1.84 that I had been playing with for a while) granted, I could save in that beta and 'm sure it was beta 64.....
man, I miss the old days, when I had nothing to do so I would just play zc.....

jman2050
10-06-2002, 07:55 PM
That was fun. It was so cool seeing the whole thing unfold like it did. It waspure genius. Being in on it made it all the more fun :D .

VGWarrior
10-06-2002, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Menokh
VG, it was supposedly 'leaked' by DC and then DC was 'banned' and so on.
Great acting, I'll tell you.

NOW I remember that......something I don't want to get into.

I always forgot about that bug......but if I remember correctly, that version could save more than 15 files.

Cyclone
10-06-2002, 10:26 PM
Yes, the one with save disabled. I loved that prank for some silly reason. Check where I replied. :D

Cyclone