PDA

View Full Version : CD In-Game Music Problem

Seigeless
10-03-2002, 08:24 PM
Hey all:
I'm experiancing some music playback problems on my CD-RW drive. Games like Age of Empires II and Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds refuse to play their in-game music when they are launched from the CD-RW drive. It only can play unit voices and background sounds. However, when I swiched my CD to play on my DVD drive, the music played normally. How can I get my CD-RW drive to play the CD's in-game music? Please help!

Rammstein
10-03-2002, 08:48 PM
It happened to me one, I re-installed the game (Starcraft) and everything went back to normal, so try that. Just back up the map and saves folder :P . Same of Age of Empires.

If it does not work , I do not know what the problem is , sorry.

Btw I am from quebec also, from wich area are you from? (Just Curious)

Seigeless
10-03-2002, 08:50 PM
I tried to reinstall it numerous times, but the same thing happens, so I don't think its a problem with the installation... any other ideas? btw, I'm from a suburb of montréal :)

jman2050
10-03-2002, 08:54 PM
Actually, this problem comes about sometimes because of the way the CD-RW drive is connected ot the motherboard. To test it, take a pair of headphones, put them into the jack on the drive itself, and listen. If you hear the music through the headphones, but not the speakers, then there is a connection problem.

Beldaran
10-03-2002, 09:48 PM
Yes, I had this problem too. I had my DVD drive connected properly to my sound card, but my CDRW drive is connected improperly.

Seigeless
10-03-2002, 10:00 PM
That could be the cause, but when I tried playing standard audio CD's with the CD-RW drive, the music played out fine. If there is a problem in connection, then there should be no music at all? So if the drive CAN play audio CD's, why can't it play music in my games? :(