PDA

View Full Version : Descendant Tileset

C-Dawg
10-02-2002, 11:11 PM
So Plith, is this tileset done? And if so, is it being released?

-C

KJAZZ
10-03-2002, 12:39 AM
Last I talked to him, its not done, and he's not releasing it until the quest is out. So get away, you scavengers..

ZeldaLord
10-03-2002, 01:31 AM
He says he will anyway, though, if he gives up on the quest.

Teilyr
10-03-2002, 05:05 PM
Anyway, last I checked he doesn't post on AGN anymore, so I doubt he'll ever see this message.

plith
10-03-2002, 10:26 PM
Tee hee. I like proving people wrong at just the right times (I just happened to be stopping by). I was planning on getting the tileset done by Monday, but then a bunch of stuff with school and various other things managed to crop up, slowing my pace down a bit. Fear not though, as the overworld, dungeon, interior, and cave tiles/combos are 100% complete, as are the overworld/interior/cave palettes. The dungeon palettes still need some work done, as do the item tiles (half done), and then it'll all be more or less complete, with only some tweaking on Link's part mostly needed. And KJAZZ, you're not the only one getting the tileset in advance.

C-Dawg
10-03-2002, 11:59 PM
Due to mostly impatience, I wont be needing the Descendant tileset anymore. I've worked something else out. But I'd still like to see what it is you've come up with :)

-C

KJAZZ
10-04-2002, 12:48 AM
Oh well. Don't care. It makes me feel special in a feeble sort of way. ;p

ShadowTiger
10-04-2002, 03:45 PM
As soon as I actually know what the descendent tileset is, I may begin to expect something. Until then, ignorance may or may not be bliss...

Either way, keep up the good work everyone! You never cease to amaze me...

plith
10-04-2002, 04:10 PM
http://forums.zelda-gaming.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=335 is what the tileset is. Go nuts.

Dark_Xero
10-04-2002, 04:17 PM
Cool, I like the house tiles. IT's a nice change from the commonly-used ones. They look more detailed than the others too.

C-Dawg
10-04-2002, 05:52 PM
Not bad, Plith, but... I dont know, it just seems too much like ML still. Not pixel for pixel- I can see alot of work done to tweak it- but it just doesn't seem like you're giving it your own original touch. It's definetly a gorgeous tileset, no question, but I dont see much "plith" in the tiles.

I'll show you what I mean by making a tileset your own if you pop online at some point.

-C

ShadowTiger
10-07-2002, 11:33 AM
I'm finally able to see these because the page loaded on the schools modem. Those pics look a lot like my Quest! (Mystic Land Tileset by Prince MSC.) -(Only a lot squigglier.) Gotta get me these tiles!

plith
10-07-2002, 12:07 PM
I'll probably be releasing them sometime this weekend.