PDA

View Full Version : Arcade Games

Thunderbird
10-02-2002, 10:58 PM
Out of curiosity, which arcade game(s) do you favor? Any complaints about prices? ;)

I tend to play the DDR 5th Mix machine that is located on my college campus :D. It costs $1 to play single though ($2 for double). One nice thing about it is it will let you play to the end of the song whether you pass or not (I believe that option was changed today).

Lone Wolf
10-03-2002, 02:23 AM
Don't play at the arcades. Only mabey once every two years or so.

vegeta1215
10-03-2002, 10:17 AM
There are a couple Arcade games that really got me hooked. And being that I worked at an arcade for 6 years, I got to play alot of them.

Dragon's Lair is probably my favorite arcade game. Mortal Kombat 1-3 are awesome (1 is the best), Marvel VS Capcom 2 is da shit. I'm also excellent at Top Skater, and will post my high scores if I remember them. I also really like pinball games. My favorite is either Adams Family or Hercules (which is this extra large one that uses an 8-ball as the ball from like 1971). Oh yeah, I really like Time Crisis 2 also. For an entire summer my friend and I tried to get the high score in the two player mode, but came a little short.

Jemsee
10-03-2002, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by vegeta1215
I also really like pinball games. My favorite iseither Adams Family or Hercules (which is this extra large one that uses an 8-ball as the ball)

I don't play many vid-arcade games but have played a few pinball machines. I'm no pinball wizard but there is something about playing a game that does not throw electrons at your face, and requires bit of physical skill as well.

El Oso Verde
10-03-2002, 12:32 PM
When I go to an arcade, first thing I look for is a Virtual-On Machine. After that I may go for MvC2 or Time Crisis.
Of course I'm always a sucker for the classics. :D

Demimore
10-03-2002, 12:41 PM
Not sure what its called.... A 2D fighting game called ************ 2001.... Please help me! I wanna know what its called (havent played it for a while!)

WarOmnimon
10-03-2002, 01:59 PM
I look for Tekken Tag or 4 upon first entering. Last time I went to the arcade months ago, they had Tekken 3.

I'd play Virtual On, but the arcade was moved in the mall for the food court and it was smaller. I also played Galaga and Tournament Arkanoid a lot.

mike5000
10-03-2002, 03:40 PM
I love the AREA 51 Series

deathbyhokie
10-03-2002, 03:52 PM
air hockey. if an arcade doesn't have air hockey, i leave. and pinball. and some SW:trillogy arcade too.

MottZilla
10-03-2002, 04:04 PM
Star Wars Episode 1 Racer Arcade! I love that game. At the arcade closest to me they have 2 which are linked. I have so many top scores on it. =)

Other than that, some other arcade games I play, at the arcade that is, are MvC2, Soul Calibur, Area 51, Time Crisis, etc. Whatever that's good is there.

El Oso Verde
10-03-2002, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Demimore
Not sure what its called.... A 2D fighting game called ************ 2001.... Please help me! I wanna know what its called (havent played it for a while!)

Hmm I don't think it would be King of Fighters 2001. Not sure really.

AlexMax
10-03-2002, 07:24 PM
The last arcade I played at, I was on the Time Crisis 2 machine for like 5 min. Had to dedicate more time for DDR.3rd mix.

^_^

Thunderbird
10-03-2002, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Jemsee
I don't play many vid-arcade games but have played a few pinball machines. I'm no pinball wizard but there is something about playing a game that does not throw electrons at your face, and requires bit of physical skill as well.

Try a DDR machine then ;). While it does use a video display (some pinball machines have one on the table as well), it also requires physical skill (endurance and quick feet for the higher difficulties).

Mak-X
10-03-2002, 10:33 PM
Put Super Mario Bros., Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Nintendos 10 Choice, and the SNES machine back in arcades and I will come.

And Contra.

I usually try to play Soul Edge or Soul Calibur in arcades.

Katana
10-04-2002, 04:50 PM
Virtual-On being one of my favorite arcade titles I usually look for that, I also enjoy the Time Crisis series.

ShyGuy0824
10-04-2002, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Jemsee
I'm no pinball wizard

Damn Straight!

teddyboy420
10-05-2002, 02:23 AM
Hmmm, I haven't been in an arcade for like 5 years, not since I was like 17 or 18! They had a really good one in the mall where I used to live, but the mall by my apartment now dosen't have an arcade. They used to, but it sucked and it closed.

When I did go to the arcade when I was in H.S. I used to like Mortal Kombat 1+2, Area 51, Killer Instinct, Street Fighter 2(notice a pattern?) pinball, anyone remember Operation Wolf? (that was when I was little though)