PDA

View Full Version : Breakin' the law.

Ich
10-02-2002, 08:36 PM
How many of you have KaZaA Lite?
*Counts hands*
How many of you read the Licensing agreement?

1: KAZAA LITE TERMS OF USE

Please note that installing this software is ILLEGAL and is in violation of the KaZaA Media Desktop Terms of Use. If you do, however, install the software contained in this package, you agree to take ALL responsiblity for your actions.

This installation package was created for educational purposes only. It was not meant to be distributed. If you however do distribute this installation package or the software it contains, you take ALL responsiblity for doing so.

Sounds illegal as hell, huh?

Beldaran
10-02-2002, 08:42 PM
LMAO.

I don't have kazaa, but that is the FUNNIEST user agreement I have ever seen.

"Installation of this product is illegal". LOL hahahaha

slayer6896
10-02-2002, 08:45 PM
how many people do you think read the user agreement?

Ich
10-02-2002, 08:50 PM
One.

cyberkitten
10-02-2002, 08:54 PM
it's just to keep them from getting screwed like napster. it's like the spam emails that say "you can legally own a cable descrambler!!!!". you can. and it's perfectly legal. unless you use it to descramble cable. then it's illegal. it's legal to own, but illegal to use. :shrug:

Link 101
10-02-2002, 09:12 PM
Yeah I know. It doesn't make sense. They say it is legal, you install it and use and you get the cops all over your ass. It is stupid!

AtmaWeapon
10-02-2002, 09:14 PM
Actually, he says it's the Kazaa Lite agreement. Such a statement would make sense, since Kazaa Lite is nothing but a hacked version of Kazaa with less (or none? I've never successfully downloaded it) spyware. It's a violation of Kazaa's service to use it, since it is hacked.

Link 101
10-02-2002, 09:22 PM
Oh so the person who made it is saying that. Whatever you do do not distribute it in anyway or responibility is shifted to you.

Cyclone
10-02-2002, 11:55 PM
Hmm, I like his style.

"I'll make this version, distribute it, and inform everyone that using it is illegal as hell..."

Cyclone

deathbyhokie
10-03-2002, 12:05 AM
i'm putting that in my sig cyclone. ok with you man?

Thunderbird
10-03-2002, 12:15 AM
Cyclone is the king of quotes ;). I don't see why you should ask permission first (just look at his sig). ;)

Kazaa Lite is Kazaa without spyware, but Ad Aware will still find the Cydoor spyware on your system because Kazaa Lite uses a dummy file to work.