PDA

View Full Version : Joystick to Keyboard

Cloral
10-01-2002, 10:22 PM
I'm looking for a utility to convert joystick presses to keystrokes. Specifically, I'm playing a windows game that only responds to the arrow keys, but I would prefer to be able to press the directions on the joystick instead. Does anything like this exist?

deathbyhokie
10-01-2002, 10:24 PM
i have a gravis aftershock controller. it comes with some software which lets you set up games to work with joysticks. great program. love it. don't know if you can get it outside of buying a joystick though

Cloral
10-01-2002, 11:02 PM
That's not what I mean. I want to be able to use the joystick for a game that wasn't designed to accept joystick input (what that does is reconfigure the joystick to fall within the specifications of various games already designed to use a joystick).

deathbyhokie
10-01-2002, 11:10 PM
that's what it does. you set the joystick to correspond to the arrow buttons, and you set the other buttons on the joystick as any other button(or combination of buttons) you want. i belive. i haven't tryed it on anything not designed to use a joystick. but x-wing wouldn't recognize the joystick, so i configured it to what it should have been.

The Savior
10-02-2002, 07:44 AM
If you want, I can send you a copy of MS's little utility that does what you're looking for. I'm not sure if it works outside of the Sidewinder family of sticks, though.