PDA

View Full Version : Frozen topics

theplustwo
09-27-2002, 07:47 PM
Do we really need 6 frozen topics? it seems to clog up the front page.. I guess they are all pretty important and I don't really have any ideas as to where else they could be put, but it just seems like the 1st page of GD needs to be 'streamlined' a bit :shrug:

Raichu86
09-27-2002, 07:52 PM
I never noticed it was that cluttered. Though, I'm sure they'll be "defrosted" when the time is right.

theplustwo
09-27-2002, 07:56 PM
yeah, I think it's partly that the effect is magnified while using this stupid 640x480 res at the library, and no, I can't change it. (security crap locks everthang)

ZeldaLord
10-01-2002, 02:28 PM
I agree, even on 1024x768 it take up half the page.

Artevoi
10-01-2002, 08:13 PM
The frozen topics (when I checked):

Announcement: Wondering about your stars?
(Art: Is anyone still wondering about their missing stars?)

Frozen: AGN Star Craft Tournament
Frozen: Quake 1/2/3/? AGN Tournament
(Art: Shouldn't these be in General Gaming Discussion?)

Frozen: Poll: AGN Members Map
Frozen: NEW FORUM FEATURE: Arcade
(Art: Don't see many problems with these, but the Arcade one should be removed before long)

Frozen: AGN Member Handbook
(Art: Newbie Central, anyone?)

Dark Jim
10-01-2002, 08:32 PM
The AGN Members Map could also be unfrozen and instead put up a link to the page at the bottom next to "Contact Us - Armageddon Games" or at the top as a button.

Fatty Lumpkin
10-01-2002, 08:33 PM
It doesn't bother me that much, but I don't think they're needed anymore (in general).

inori
10-02-2002, 01:49 AM
Announcements have expiration dates. When the announcement expires, it'll go away.

The tournaments could be in GGD, but anything goes in GD. The topics will be unfrozen after the tournaments conclude, or possibly after they start. (I don't have either game, so I'm not following those particular threads very closely.)

Members' Map and Arcade are fine. They'll probably be unfrozen when activity in them dies down.

The handbook has to stay where it is. You'd be amazed how many people don't bother to go to New Members' Forum or Newbie Central.