PDA

View Full Version : Planned Anti-Piracy Commercials

DemoQuestFan
09-26-2002, 05:58 PM
Just another reason to avoid the truth about the music companies. Why cant they get the artists to make better music, make the older favorites available again instead of isolating them forever once they go out of print, or release all the hidden tracks that they have (remixes, special performances, one time productions, etc...)

WarOmnimon
09-26-2002, 06:19 PM
Anti piracy TV ads... What next?

Fade to Black
09-26-2002, 07:03 PM
I hardly download music anymore due to the lack of high speed internet...I don't really miss it either...I buy my CDs.

Menokh
09-26-2002, 07:46 PM
I don't download music because it became too much of a pain. Damn spooffers...

Anyways, the music industry is taking a wrong turn with encryption and TV ads. They need to look real hard at their marketting strategies and rethink them. A study was done that showed that the music industry is alienating people with its present tactics and unless it lightens up about things like Kazaa and makes it's own file trading pay service(s) with better selection and better quality, they will cause themselves loads of problems. MP3 and Ogg files could be a cash cow for them, and the don't see it. Right now they are lucky they have only lost 7% of sales in the last year, by all means it should have been a much bigger hit.

Ich
09-26-2002, 07:54 PM
I download music for two reasons:
1. It's an unreleased track or rare release.
2. It's German and not released in the US.

I download music videos for two reasons:
1. I don't have cable.
2. They don't ever play Rammstein on MTV.

Artevoi
09-26-2002, 08:16 PM
I've been alienated from the record labels my entire life, they don't have a damn thing I'm interested in.

I download music for 3 reasons:
1. It's from a game I can't find a soundtrack CD for
2. It's a remix
3. It's a MIDI file (for RM2k, ZC, etc)

teddyboy420
09-26-2002, 09:16 PM
I'm not really as interested as music now, well not as much as I was when I was younger. At one time I had over 200 cd's, most of them came from Columbia House or BMG (you know, get 15 cd's for a penny, then buy three in a year. Over and over).

I did have napster when it was around, but I didn't use it that much. It was a pain in the ass on a dial-up. I haven't bought any music in awhile now.Mostly b/c of the 20 dollar price-tag for a cd and the lack of music that I REALLY like.

I know alot of people get their music from the i-net and I don't blame them, I wouldn't pay 20 bucks for a cd either. That;s just crazy, like Menokh said, I think the industry is going in the wrong direction. They should stop fighting the mp3's and file sharers out there and look at it as an oppertunity. If they would charge 25 cents to a dollar for a song, I think they would get a good response. But instead they RAISE the price of music and fight file-sharing tooth and nail. IDIOTS

AlexMax
09-26-2002, 09:16 PM
I mainly download music from DDR and Jet Grind Radio, both of which I have. Other than that, it's a few odd tracks that strike me. And chiptunes and other tracked music that are pretty much public domain. (But tthey aint exactly MP3's...)

Tracked music = good, because it's public domain and some of it kicks ass..

DemoQuestFan
09-26-2002, 11:05 PM
Maybe I should send the contents of this thread to the big 5 music companies and see if they change their tune

MottZilla
09-27-2002, 12:30 AM
I've had 0 problems with downloading music. Anti-Piracy ads going to be a solution? I'm certain you've seen the "truth" ads to stop people from smoking. Has that solved anything? No. Do I give a rat's ass? No. Do I care if you pirate music? No. Do I care if you smoke? As long as it isn't around me, no.

Anyways, the music industry is just being gay now, it'll pass when it either crashes or phases the whining out.

deathbyhokie
09-27-2002, 12:35 AM
were not allowed to dl music or movies out here. it sux. especially since i have the t3 connection. stupid university rules

MottZilla
09-27-2002, 12:48 AM
That's because if it were within the rules their bandwidth would be shot to hell. Movies + Music are large amounts of media and take lots of bandwidth.

deathbyhokie
09-27-2002, 12:59 AM
right. my friends at smaller schools that allow it hate the slow connections.

Cyclone
09-27-2002, 01:41 AM
Anti-piracy ads? Now this just makes my day, humor-wise. This will solve nothing.

Cyclone

MottZilla
09-27-2002, 02:33 AM
It'll help solve the qusetion, "just how stupid is the music industry?"