PDA

View Full Version : Noooooo!!! They are ruining Superman!

Warlock
09-26-2002, 10:45 AM
http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=13350

OMFG! That has got to be one of the lamest movie scripts I have seen. Seriously, if they make this WB are a bunch of complete idiots..

Shadowblazer
09-26-2002, 10:52 AM
It does sound pretty retarded. Is there any use in hoping that this was some kind of fake script designed to be leaked in order to give out false info? Hmm, probably not since a lot of people might not go to see the movie just based on this info.

Seriously, the guy at AICN said it best... Marvel knows how to make movies out of their shit. Or at least they do a pretty fair job of it. DC comics have always always always made for shitty movies. Well, for the most part. The first Batman was pretty cool and I seem to recall liking the first Superman way back when ;)

Warlock
09-26-2002, 11:06 AM
I don't know, I think DC's problem is they keep trying to get friggin' Tim Burton for half their movies (actually, he was supposively going to do this movie when it was still the Death of Superman). I can't stand Tim Burton. Every $@$@ movie is Beetlejuice with him. He'll stick in the most bizare and unusually dark things imaginable (i.e. Batman Returns with the stupid-ass clowns.. that was by far the worst Batman)

Anyways, I don't know what the hell the WB execs are smoking if they like this script. LEX LUTHUR IS NOT A KRYPTONIAN.. jesus, a 5 year old can tell you that. Argg..

They should just go and get whoever wrote Spiderman. That was a superhero movie done right.

Oh, and supposively Kevin Smith (Clerks, Chasing Amy, etc) originally wrote a (supposively good) script, but they eventually ditched it in favor of Tim Burton (<sarcasm>because he did such a good job with the batman series</sarcasm>), who ended up driving the project into the ground. I have no doubt Smith would have done an excellent job on the project. I think he would have cared enough to make it faithful to the comics.

Edit: Ok, I was reading this:
http://www.corona.bc.ca/films/details/superman5.html/

That may not be the final script.. let's hope they iron out the plot holes and whatnot.. and I seriously seriously hope that part about Keanu Reeves playing Superman is WRONG.. uggg...

Ich
09-26-2002, 12:26 PM
Comic book movies are movies they shouldn't screw up. I mean, if you take most of the lines, action and plot from a couple, string it together and put some square-jawed fool in tights to punch a couple of evil supervillans, you can't go to wrong. Change the plot severely, lose the cash.

theplustwo
09-26-2002, 03:27 PM
Why don't they try NOT MAKING A FREAKING NOTHER SUPERMAN MOVIE!!!!!! *ugh*

They can't possibly please the people who like the comics and the people who like the Chris Reeves movies simultaniously, but I guess they arent out to please fans, they are out to get a buck.

They should have let Kevin write the script, at least he would care enough about this sort of thing (see: mallrats) to do it right.

Axel
09-27-2002, 07:58 AM
dear god that's sad. I mean, I never liked Superman that much, always seemed a wimp, too strong ya' see, couldn't lose. only guy who ever had a chance... was killed by a sledge hammer. well, Bizzaro might have stood up to him, but he was stupid. but still, I might have rented the movie if it sounded good, but this? hah!
anyways, the only good Batman movies were the first one and Forever. Returns was just plain stupid, and Batman and Robin just looked dumb. actually Forever was only good because of Jim Carrey, would've sucked with someone else.
I'm just waitin' for the next Spiderman movie. (that was promising)