PDA

View Full Version : The state of phone services in Australia.

goKi
09-26-2002, 02:12 AM
My landline phones went down without warining on tuesday morning, leaving me without an internet connection, expaining my recent absence. calling our phone company, it took them 3 days to come here, give the line a kick up the arse, and leave. A 5 minute job took them 3 days to get around to, its pathetic, and some Australians may remember the trouble Telstra have gotten into recently for just being plain lazy. I cant believe how little respect they have for their customers... its horrible.

Starkist
09-26-2002, 02:26 AM
All I know about Telstra is that they're everywhere, and trying to get privatized. Is there a such thing though as phone company customer service?

goKi
09-26-2002, 02:30 AM
i cant wait for them to get privatised, the service might increase, but at the moment, it is well below satisfactory

Mander
09-26-2002, 05:12 AM
Well we have Optus and service calls are almost straight away. Telstra sucks big time.

Drunken Tiger
09-26-2002, 09:11 AM
Telstra is the root of all evil....... :evil:

Jemsee
09-26-2002, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by goKi
i cant wait for them to get privatised, the service might increase, but at the moment, it is well below satisfactory

When you say they want to be "privatised" does that mean they are a part of the government now?

Thunderbird
09-26-2002, 12:44 PM
Geez, that's one lazy phone company :P. My dad cut the phone line once with a trackhoe (dug into the area where the line was) and the phone company repairman was out there the next day :P.

Though Verizon isn't government run (was GTE at that time).

theplustwo
09-26-2002, 04:17 PM
Our phonelines suck. The company took a couple days to come out and look at them around the start of the year after we called. They did something that made them sound clearer but now its back to sucking. Also, you can only connect at 28k over 'em, luckily, now we got sattelite :P

WarOmnimon
09-26-2002, 06:26 PM
Jen from the AFC left Telstra because of a change in policy...

Pay what she's paying now, transfer rate reduced.
Stay at current speed, pay double.

She joined up with another company, and they changed the policy, which was exactly the same.

She was all angry at that.

goKi
09-26-2002, 08:32 PM
yes, telstra are government owned at the moment, but the government plans to sell them off.

Mander
09-26-2002, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Jemsee
When you say they want to be "privatised" does that mean they are a part of the government now?
Yes they are partly owned by the government. The government has sold off some of it. I think they would have trouble selling it at the price they sold the last lot. Last time they sold shares for $8 which are now worth $4 - $5.