PDA

View Full Version : Came up with something we could do...

WarOmnimon
09-26-2002, 01:45 AM
...before Metroid Fusion and Prime come out. I was wondering your opinion on the secret worlds in the original NES Metroid.

The Great Secret World Hunt (http://www.classicgaming.com/mdb/m1/gswh.htm)

And that last entry, written by Pac-Man... That was me a long time ago in a galaxy far away.

It was a fun experience. Now is anyone willing to look for secret worlds? If not, what are your opinions on them?

It has been confirmed that the secret worlds are glitches and not intentionally programmed. But what the heck.

MottZilla
09-26-2002, 02:08 AM
Secret Worlds are just the normal game, messed up. =\ I didn't find it that interesting.

AlexMax
09-26-2002, 10:02 AM
They're bugs.

But it's an interesting hunt nevertheless....so don't mind Mozilla... ^_^

By the way, has anyone done any researching about the Beta Quests within Zelda 64? Quite an interesting find if you ask me.

teddyboy420
09-26-2002, 09:33 PM
Beta Quests in Z64? You got my attention. What beta quests?

As for secret worlds in Metroid, I've been playing through Metroid again just to kill time and I am actually having a HARD time getting through the game. I can't remember where everything is. But back to secret rooms, I found one the other day. I don't remember where it is b/c I was trapped and couldn't get out so I had to reset. Sorry

WarOmnimon
09-26-2002, 11:30 PM
Well, if you're going to search for these secret worlds, you'll need a couple of Game Genie codes.

SUPEAI Fall through the floor a bit every time you shoot up.

ALLGKP All items needed to beat the game.

KAPGEI Space Jump

EEXTTY Move up through ceilings

And just because I'm a nice guy, I'll show you how to reach the Green Norfair.

Attached image (http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/princemamemon/hidden-norfair.gif)

Menokh
09-26-2002, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by AlexMax

By the way, has anyone done any researching about the Beta Quests within Zelda 64? Quite an interesting find if you ask me.

I think these fall into two catagories.
1) the levels originally written to test the engine and not found in the final version at all
and
2) the levels and other things originally planned for the final version, but were simply disabled and can be seen through glitches.

Examples of #1 are Level 9 of the original Zelda in 3D. While an example of the second would be the mysterious half cinema scene at Lake Hylia that can be accessed with GameShark.

teddyboy420
09-26-2002, 11:42 PM
Level 9 of the original Zelda in 3D???? What's that all about?

Menokh
09-26-2002, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by teddyboy420
Level 9 of the original Zelda in 3D???? What's that all about?

From what I understand the programmers programmed that in when they wanted to test Zelda 64's engine and needed something quick. Level 9 was a perfect test.

It is NOT in the final version. It is only in a few beta versions, that Nintendo might not even have anymore. Some screenshots of it are available of it on the internet if you look hard enough.

teddyboy420
09-26-2002, 11:48 PM
Oh alright, I thought you meant level 9 of the original Zelda in 3D in the original Zelda. But that wouldn't really be possible, but testing Zelda64's engine makes much more sense.

matthew986
09-27-2002, 12:15 AM
What? You thought that? It would suck so bad! I have played the Beta Quest and it is interesting. My GS is curently crapping on the floor right now. There are some really interesting glitches and a great way to continue Z64 after you beat it.

vegeta1215
09-27-2002, 01:50 AM
There's a page online for secrets worlds in Metroid II (and possibly the original Metroid) with pictures and details about the map data and how to get to the secret worlds. Sadly, the ones in Metroid II rely on a bug in the original big fat grey Gameboy (something that has to do with the select button), but I sold my original Gameboy a few months ago, and the trick doesn't work on my GBC or GBA :(

UPDATE: Here's the page, have fun! http://m2sw.zophar.net/