PDA

View Full Version : ALAS!!!! Here is my Zelda Mix (so far)

Dechipher
09-25-2002, 07:33 PM
Okey doke folks, here is my first ever Zelda remix, its sorta a bunch of Zeldasongs I DLed, then arranged , and then I added my own style to it...it's far from complete, like a black and white picture, and I have yet to add the color and texture to it.
http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http://geocities.com/dechipher2001/Mix.mid

EWild
09-25-2002, 07:42 PM
Very good, it has more fine tuning but all in all, :thumbsup:

Dechipher
09-25-2002, 07:50 PM
Ummm....could you please clarify that last statement?

EWild
09-25-2002, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by EWild
Very good, it has more fine tuning but all in all, :thumbsup:

Yeah sorry, it needs more fine tuning, but all in all, :thumbsup:

Dechipher
09-25-2002, 07:58 PM
Ah never mind, I thought you were talking about conflict in notes and accidentals and such,, nm

_dark_link_
09-25-2002, 08:32 PM
COOOOOOL :)

Dechipher
09-25-2002, 08:41 PM
Thanks, After this, I plan to add Zelda's lullaby, then maybe the windmill theme, and probably the lost woods theme from LTTP. and maybe the maors theme from MM...who knows?

_dark_link_
09-25-2002, 08:41 PM
Go for it ;)

Dechipher
09-25-2002, 09:15 PM
Yeah,I'd always like requests, this'd bea great ongoing midi

_dark_link_
09-25-2002, 10:19 PM
That's so good i'm going to use it in my quest if that's ok with you :)

Hermit
09-27-2002, 12:04 AM
I'll start off by saying that I'm not a big fan of "medleys". The moment you get into a theme it changes to a new one, which really only gives you samples of each piece and never really does much justice to each since they are done in such a short time before transitioning into another.

Intro - I like the way you've begun here and it sounds very nice. I do think, however, that in some places you were a tad too liberal with the theme with some of your note lengths. The way you hold notes for a long length and then zip right through others does make it sound slightly choppy and unbalanced in places.

1:40 - This just sounds odd. Your bass line and fills combined with your Zelda melody don't really go together here at all. I'd suggest altering either one, the other, or both for a smoother better sounding blend here.

1:50 - I don't know whether you were trying to harmonise the game melody here or not, but it just isn't right if you were aiming for a copy of the game melody for the flutes of Hyrule Field.

Other than those few things I think you've done a very nice job with this medley. I wouldn't drag too many other themes into it though.

8/10

Dechipher
09-27-2002, 07:43 AM
Hmmmm...the master of mixes gave me an 8.
You suck, Hermit.
*turns corner*
WOOT! OH yeah, I'm good! *Does Mario Mackdaddy Dance*
*starry-eyed*I got an 8!!!
*turns corner again*
But that's okay, Hermit, I'll forgive oyu.