PDA

View Full Version : Placing traps

aweeks
09-24-2002, 10:48 PM
I'm using zquest 1.92-163. I'm placing traps in a room using flags 32 and 33 (or something like that). These traps are going over blocks though. I don't want them to. I do not have floating traps turned on. Phantom traps is not on. I turned mean placed traps on, but when I do that, they float into walls of dungeons as well. I don't want that, either. However, the up/down traps are affected by a blocks/walls presence, and will not go through either. So, what's up with this? Am I doing something wrong? Is there some flag that I missed somewhere?

DarkSFK
09-25-2002, 03:49 PM
Um, what type of traps are they? Teilyr had a problem with a 4 way trap that did that I think...

Teilyr
09-25-2002, 04:17 PM
I did? I don't remember that.. I do know that if Mean placed traps is on, they'll intersect each other.. Phantom might be where they go through the blocks/walls.. I'm not exactly certain.

Cloral
09-26-2002, 03:15 AM
There's not exactly a huge level of consistancy with the traps and what they collide with - the Z1 style traps in my quest go right through each other, while the Z3 style traps bounce off each other. Anybody care to explain?

fingolfin
10-04-2002, 09:16 PM
Uhh... If i don't state the obvious, no one else will. You sure you've got the blocks as a solid combo? If the blocks are walkable, the traps will fly right through them.
If that's not the problem, i don't know what is.

ShadowTiger
10-08-2002, 08:13 AM
There are several quest rules generally associated with this kind or problem. I'll explain most of them:

1) Mean placed traps: Makes all traps go as far as they possibly can across the screen to try to stick you with their sharp spikes.
(As compared to those regular corner traps and center traps in Z1 that would only go as far as halfway across the screen. The trap left/right and up/down aren't affected by this rule, because they are always in motion.

2) Floating Traps: This is a screen flag. It makes -most- traps float over just about all non-walkable things. I think that this is generally used when you have large holes in the ground instead of blocks, (but ZC can't tell the difference between huge holes and blocks, because they both have the same characterists. - Non walkability. )

3) Phantom Placed Traps: Quest rule: makes all traps go through all other traps and enemies when moving or stationary. (So they don't bump into each other, or are stopped by enemies when moving.) I wish this one was a screen flag.

I hope that helps. And hey. Call me Hero.

DarkSoul
10-14-2002, 12:02 PM
That's certainly good to know. I'll remember this one. (opens notepad, copies...)

ShadowTiger
10-14-2002, 12:47 PM
You can even edit the appearances of the different traps to make them more interesting. I put spikes only in the directions they are going. It enhances the graphical appeal of the quest. I can upload some of these if you want. I just need time...