PDA

View Full Version : Zip drive woes.

Fatty Lumpkin
09-24-2002, 05:37 PM
You may remember that way back my power supply got messed up. Well, after I got my new one, I was re-installing all my hardware and software. But I couldn't get my zip drive to work. But I didn't worry about it, since I didn't need it then. Well, once again I tried to get it to work, but it's not detected.

I tried it on the same cord as my HDD and on a differnt cord with my CD-Rom, and both times it didn't detect the zip and whatever it was hooked up with.

What could be wrong? I'm thinking that it got fried along with my power supply.

inori
09-24-2002, 05:49 PM
Plug it into another computer and see if it works. If it does, then it's not broken... if it doesn't, then it probably is.

Fatty Lumpkin
09-24-2002, 05:54 PM
I just had my friend take it over to his house. He's going to check it out. I'm wondering if there'd be any way to fix it physically if it's fried.

Deviance
09-24-2002, 08:26 PM
I was about to say that because I use a zip drive for my games and over my house we had an brownout and it fired my zip I hate that it had my homework on it

Fatty Lumpkin
09-24-2002, 09:03 PM
Ouch. Luckily, I didn't have any zip disks in at the time. I didn't realize they were so sensitive.

gdorf
09-25-2002, 10:14 PM
I'll send you mine.. I hate the thing, it's currently sitting in a static back somewhere in my closet. It has caused me more problems than I am willing to deal with for a drive I didn't use. Most problems were either software, or problems with the hardware setup caused by myself... but I still think the thing is cursed.

MottZilla
09-26-2002, 02:37 AM
I don't use my zip drive anymore thanks to having a CD-RW drive.

Fatty Lumpkin
10-01-2002, 08:31 PM
hehe! I'll take em if you guys don't want em!

I got it to work. It seems that three things were set as master, so there was a conflict. I guess the last time I had them plugged in, it was in the right order so it worked.