PDA

View Full Version : The GTA3 "Can you dig?" thread *bwahaha*

DarkPanther
09-24-2002, 12:02 PM
I know everyone plays GTA3 one way or another, so I thought it'd be cool to make a thread so you can tell all the tricked out things you've done.

If you have a challenge, post it, and see if anyone else can match it.

My challenge is this:

Specific challenge: If you enter the parking lot at the airport, just to the right of the toll gate there is a mac truck trailer, just inside the fence and parked parallel to the road. ......park a car on top of it. :)

Of course, it can be argued that cheats can make anything possible (though I don't know of any that would help you with this one anyways), but let's be decent gamers about this and be honest. No cheats of any kind allowed. If you use a cheat, post it along with your challenge.

Enjoy! :) I will post proof of my challenge's accomplishment tonight. I took a pic of the TV after I did it. I'll upload it when I get home from work.

Katana
09-24-2002, 04:27 PM
I have a cool one.

“Ride a destroyed car”

Go up to a random car that has someone in it. Attempt to open it up, and while your guy is throwing the person out of the car, put the “Destroy all cars” cheat in, and the car will explode. But you will still have 100 health, and you will be able to drive around in that car. My friend accidentally did it while playing it, and it’s really simple to pull off. It looks cool, and its kinda funny riding around in a car with only three wheels =)

DarkPanther
09-24-2002, 06:48 PM
*lol*

Sounds pretty sweet! I'll have to try that out. I found out that the most cars you can blow up at once is 12. I like to rig a car and park it in the lot next to the pay 'n' spray. Then I run around to the other side of the wall, steal a car, park it next to the rigged one, get out, steal another, and so on until it looks like a used car lot. Then I push the button and enjoy. :) I think it was after 12 cars though that no more cars came. That must be it's limit.

Anyways, here's my pics:

Pic 1 (http://www.darkpanther.com/images/agn/gta2.jpg)
Pic 2 (http://www.darkpanther.com/images/agn/gta1.jpg)

Bwaha... there's more, but I want to see if anyone does or notices these kinds of things. ;)

Lone Wolf
09-24-2002, 07:12 PM
I'd usually just see how long I can stay away from the cops.

J.J. Maxx
09-24-2002, 10:28 PM
Here's a challenge: Fly the dodo through the bridge connecting Staunton Island and Shoreside Vale. Without touching anything. ;)

MottZilla
09-25-2002, 02:08 AM
DP, those pics are cool. I wish GTA3 would run on here, but the PC port is a PoS software wise.

Katana
09-25-2002, 05:28 PM
This is probably a stupid question, but how the hell do you set off a car bomb from 8 ball’s place, without being in the car. I thought the only way was to start the engine, what button are you referring to pressing?

The Savior
09-25-2002, 09:42 PM
You have to take it to the 8Balls on the third island to get the detonator.

MottZilla
09-26-2002, 02:12 AM
A rocket launcher works as a detinator though, sorta. =)

DarkPanther
09-26-2002, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Lone Wolf
I'd usually just see how long I can stay away from the cops.
Stock up on ammo. Go to high entrance of the Cochrane Dam near the police station. Stop on the dirt road, just shy of the first pillar on the left hand side (before you get to the cement of the dam to drive on). Get out of your car and run onto the grass. Run down the outside wall of the dam, about half way at least (should be wall on one side, water on the other side of you). Turn and face the road and start your killing/blowing up spree! This is hilarious because cops will come up to you and stare at you, yell at you, point their guns at you, but never ever shoot you (unless they manage to stand on the wall which is rare). You can get a good 12-15 cops, FBI agents, and army doods lined up against the wall in front of you and unload on all of them at once. Makes a friggin' mess. lol :) Great to get your frustration out. ;)

Originally posted by Mottzilla
A rocket launcher works as a detinator though, sorta. =)
Yah, it's only cooler with the detonator because you can park the cars around it and blow up from the middle. The cars end up rolling away from the initial blast while they catch fire and blow up and knock other cars farther out and blow them up.... it's a cool lookin' effect. :)

Katana
09-26-2002, 06:24 PM
Ive beaten the game so i can go to the third island, where in the third island?

DarkPanther
09-27-2002, 03:12 PM
If you're referring to 8ball's shop on the third island, start at the hospital and head down the road toward the Dam. Take the first right after the police station, then take your first left. There's an opening in the wall on your right. Go in and straight to the back of the walled in area. It's on your right.