PDA

View Full Version : Greek Warrior's Helmets

deathbyhokie
09-24-2002, 11:05 AM
i found out something interesting in archetictural history today, even though it had nothing to do with architecture. apparently greek helmets are shapend to resemble a penis. why i don't know. imangine
Battle of Marathon (note i can't spell)
Pericles: Send the men forward
Xerxes Second-in-command: sir, look
Xerxes:They're attacking us with penises??????? WTF??????
Xerxes second-in-command: no sir that's their men
Xerxes: WTF????? Are they gay???
Xerxes second-in-command: no sir, they're Greek

Ibis, God of Magicks
09-24-2002, 11:06 AM
Early morning in a roman village, man rides though on horse:

The penis hats are coming! The penis hats are coming!

Ich
09-24-2002, 12:18 PM
Hmm, I'd better not go work at Caesar's Palace once I turn 18. I might end up with the nickname "Dickhead."

Ibis, God of Magicks
09-24-2002, 02:59 PM
So, arewe talking normal penis? Or like cicumcised?

Menokh
09-24-2002, 03:05 PM
The Greeks were not afraid of sex, don't let high school and some college textbooks fool you.

Not only did their helmets resemble penises, but you should see some of their artwork and temples. Quite a bit of Greek art has to do with sex, heterosexual or homosexual, you can find both. And they had fertility temples, guess what you could find in there?

inori
09-24-2002, 03:29 PM
Fertility temples? A number of East/Southeast Asian countries still have such things today.

Axel
09-24-2002, 03:30 PM
the orignall olympics were done naked. homosexuality was open, accepted, and not feared. this is of course, just Athens, the most enlightened of Greek polises, their enemies, the Spartans were quite different. Athenians were the ultimate liberals, they would try anything, give just about any idea a go, didn't mind anyone different. Spartans, very rigid, absolutely no room for anyone with different ideas, no foreigners allowed, no travelling, strict. and there's your history lesson for today.

Menokh
09-24-2002, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by inori
Fertility temples? A number of East/Southeast Asian countries still have such things today.

I know.
But the greek temples sometimes had large stone penises mounted on top of stone pillars. Do you see anything like that in Asia?

Axel
09-24-2002, 03:38 PM
I'll remind you, this is just Athens we're talking about here, well okay, maybe some of its allies, but deffinitly Sparta or its allies.

deathbyhokie
09-24-2002, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Menokh
The Greeks were not afraid of sex, don't let high school and some college textbooks fool you.

Not only did their helmets resemble penises
actually according to my notes, they used almost the same word. and the third word which was similisr, meant "shining stream":naughty:

ewww....

Axel
09-25-2002, 07:39 AM
I have a feeling the naughty smilie doesn't apply here.

AlexMax
09-25-2002, 09:27 AM
O_o

Too...much...TIME...on your hands.

deathbyhokie
09-25-2002, 12:44 PM
hey, i learned it in class. the professor said it