PDA

View Full Version : Crap.

Beldaran
09-22-2002, 07:24 PM
So I was working on a new styleset for my vBulletin and I accidentally erased the old one. Now I am stuck with the new one I just made. Don't get me wrong, the new style is cool. [illegal link]you can see it here (http://warp.phpwebhosting.com/~forrestkyle/forums)[/illegal link]

But there is no way to get the old one back, huh? If there is, and anyone knows of it, please share. If not, give me sympathy because now I have to go back and remake the original one.:mad:

Yoshiman
09-22-2002, 07:31 PM
Ow. Sucks to be you. But the link's background is nice.

Lone Wolf
09-22-2002, 07:53 PM
The new one looks ok.

Cyclone
09-22-2002, 10:04 PM
This is where you shake your head, scream bloody murder, then let it out.

Afterwards, recreate the theme. :)

Cyclone

inori
09-23-2002, 01:42 AM
[sympathizes with Beldaran]

Reminds me of the time I was working on a computer program, back when I was young and dumb enough that one file equaled one program. I entered the save command, watched the disk spin, and about the time the light went off, I realized I'd typed the wrong filename. I'd just saved my program over another program... several hours of work down the drain.

Beldaran
09-23-2002, 01:49 AM
yes, the woes of computers. At my college bookstore, they have a poster up with a picture of this girl who looks like her family was just killed. And the caption says, "Jennifer spent five weeks on her term paper. And it just disappeared." And then at the bottom it says, "Buy a zip disk!" lol

Menokh
09-23-2002, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by Beldaran
yes, the woes of computers. At my college bookstore, they have a poster up with a picture of this girl who looks like her family was just killed. And the caption says, "Jennifer spent five weeks on her term paper. And it just disappeared." And then at the bottom it says, "Buy a zip disk!" lol

I think I may have seen that online once before, although I can't remeber where.

The key, regardless of what OS you use, is to make backup copies of anything that you consider to be important, wether it is school work, art, writings, programs, forum themes, whatever. I started keeping backups after my entire emulation folder in Windows became currupted, probably as the result of a virus.