PDA

View Full Version : Display Modes

Deviance
09-22-2002, 12:33 PM
I forgot how to change the display mode in zc how do you do it again because I went back to ME and when I run it it freezes up on me

Blonde799
09-22-2002, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Blonde799
Look in your ZC folder and search out ag.cfg(or in my case, ag). If you haven't already, use notepad to view it.

Open it in notepad, and go down to the zeldadx section. You should notice these lines:
resx=
resy=

Enter 320 in the res x part and 240 in the res y, thus becoming 320x240.
That should help.

Tom
09-23-2002, 11:44 AM
Wow i never knew you could do that is there any way you can make it full screen. I changed sbig or something like that to one but it only made it a little bit bigger I suppose I'll just have to do a different resolution :cry: oh well

Deviance
09-23-2002, 04:04 PM
Never mind I got it fixed I set something wrong in my bios

MottZilla
09-27-2002, 12:45 AM
Sbig doesn't truely fill the screen. DN should add hardware stretching or something when not in the GUI (i.e. when the game is running.)

Dark Nation
09-27-2002, 10:46 AM
SBig wasn't designed to fill the screen. PM added SBig to double the size of the play field in higher resolutions so that it wouldn't bee too small to play. However, you are right, there needs to be a way to make the play field fill the screen even on high resolutions.

Teilyr
09-27-2002, 10:47 AM
Speaking of which, I'd like to see a fix where, if you accidentally double click on the title bar of ZQ Windowed, the gui doesn't vanish, making me lose my work. Granted I save alot, but my mouse skills are 2nd rate.

Phantom Menace
09-27-2002, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Dark Nation
SBig wasn't designed to fill the screen. PM added SBig to double the size of the play field in higher resolutions so that it wouldn't bee too small to play. However, you are right, there needs to be a way to make the play field fill the screen even on high resolutions.
Would you make it keep the pixels all the same size, or let it do whatever it needed to the aspect ratio in order to fill the screen?

Hey... what about interpolation like ZSNES does? If you're just going to increase your resolution but still have the blockiness, you might as well run in 320x240.

Starkist
09-27-2002, 03:46 PM
When I turned sbig on in build 163 is was bigger than my screen. :shrug: I could only see the very centre.

MottZilla
09-27-2002, 04:53 PM
Well, emulators such as Visual Boy Advance have the option to use hardware stretching to strech the image to cover your entire screen. It's nice, so long as you don't use a scanline blitter, though probably HW stretch with interpolation would look best I guess.

Dark Nation
09-27-2002, 06:14 PM
Starkist, SBig is intended to be used with resolutions of 640x480 and higher. If you don't change it from 320x240, you get a hige screen like you mentioned.

PM, if by interpolation, you mean use something like the SuperEagle or 2XSAI engines, I tried that already. I rewrote the graphics display routines to work in 16-bit mode, but it goes kind of slow, and crashes for some people. So, I dropped the idea for a while. Back to the SBig thing, though... One use for it is if you are playing ZC in a window and your windows resolution is set to 1600x1200. Very small. Even with SBig on, it's kind of puny. So, I wanted to make an adaptive SBig that would do an integer stretch of the image other than just 2x2.

DarkSFK
09-27-2002, 07:04 PM
I use zelda-w.exe with 520x and 440 y. I have SBIG set to 1, so ZC runs in a window. I use ZQ in full screen, cuz you can't do this to ZQ yet.

Deviance
10-01-2002, 06:04 PM
That would be nice if they do that in zquest

Qun Mang
10-01-2002, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Tom
Wow i never knew you could do that is there any way you can make it full screen.

For full screen:

ResX=256
ResY=240 (or is it 256?)

You may have to add this mode to your registry, though. When I first tried this, Zelda-W would crash. I used a program called advv to figure out how to add the mode, and then it worked. Go here (http://www.mameworld.net/mameinfo/) and look for "How-To-Add Video Modes to the Windows registry" to find out how.