PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Here Played...

Yoshiman
09-21-2002, 09:06 PM
Resident Evil for GC? How is it?

Cronic
09-21-2002, 09:10 PM
Just like any other resident evil game only the controls are far worse and well the same ol same ol has gotten really boring by now.

Yoshiman
09-21-2002, 09:12 PM
I've never played a RE game. That's why I'm asking how it is.

EWild
09-21-2002, 09:23 PM
Personaly, I think the game is sweet, but I'm not too good at it. :(

Yoshiman
09-21-2002, 09:24 PM
I heard the controls take some time to get used to.

matthew986
09-21-2002, 09:33 PM
Yeah cause its not a true 3D game. I think ED is better.

MottZilla
09-21-2002, 09:58 PM
The game is a great RE game. The control scheme is fine. It takes a bit of time to get used to RE, but once you have it's easy. It's a good game though. You should atleast rent it, if not buy it (you could even buy it used if money is a prob).

The Savior
09-21-2002, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by matthew986
Yeah cause its not a true 3D game. I think ED is better.

*chuckles* If the game isn't 3d, then what is it? I do agree, though, ED is better.

Dracula
09-21-2002, 11:02 PM
When I first played it, I said to myself "This is the old RE, but a new feel... A feel that went down my spine..." It's not a bad game, but I'd say let there be some more animation, especially in the backgrounds, and have better camera angles for aiming and stuff. Overall, yes, it is everything you've heard about the first RE, except for the crappy cinematics, voices, and same old.

Originally posted by The Savior
*chuckles* If the game isn't 3d, then what is it? I do agree, though, ED is better.

*chuckles* Castlevania with guns and grenades.

Lone Wolf
09-21-2002, 11:51 PM
Resident Evil series has always had moreless the same style, I like RE and think the Gamecube game is great.

Daarkseid
09-22-2002, 12:03 AM
Its not true 3D because the backgrounds are actually pre-rendered images with Full Motion video for animated stills. The only things that are 3D are the characters themselves, the items, enemies, and certain elements in the background that you interact with, like doors and stuff.

This is sort of a step back from Resident Evil: Code Veronica for the Dreamcast and PS2, in which all the rooms were done in 3D and the camera views would actually pan out or follow your character around before switching.

I think Capcom decided to go with pre-rendered backgrounds with the RE remake in order to capture the creepiness of the atmosphere. Polygons can only get so detailed before it becomes too much of a burden on the console's system.

And yeah, the play control is only a problem for me because of the crappy nature of the GC controller. The control scheme for RE was developed just for the Directional Pad(because the original RE was meant for the Playstation back in 1996, before analog sticks were even really tested for gaming), and the GC just happens to accept the notion of the D-pad not being useful anymore by making it the same size as the one used by the GBA, which makes it difficult to press the individual directions with a thumb movement. And using the analog stick for movement is just as awkward.

ShyGuy0824
09-22-2002, 12:26 AM
If you haven't played any Resident Evil games, play it, it's very good. The controls are okay, they don't need too long to adjust to, as it only rarely becomes cumbersome to use (I.e. the plant). It's a very good game if you play with the lights dimmed, and I enjoyed it.

AlexMax
09-22-2002, 11:34 AM
For people having control problems, try Type C. It takes a little getting used to, but in my opinion it's a little easier.

And yes, Resident Evil does kick ass. ^_^