PDA

View Full Version : Using AI in the arcade

DemoQuestFan
09-18-2002, 01:30 PM
Now we know people are cheating at the arcade by using two kinds of AI

1. The first AI they use is to obtain a high score

2. the second AI they use is to make the game so hard that other people cant beat those who cheated

Anyone who confesses to or is caught cheating should be denied access to the arcade.

Lone Wolf
09-18-2002, 01:46 PM
well that would explain these ridiculously high arcade scores.

inori
09-18-2002, 01:54 PM
:rolleyes:

How do you "know" that people are cheating? Did they confess to you?

EWild
09-18-2002, 02:06 PM
Menne did.

Mak-X
09-18-2002, 02:58 PM
Menne was JOKING. You CANNOT take a bot from Quake 3 Arena and use it to play Tetris. That's like taking the Artificial Intellegence from the computers in Starcraft to play a game of Space Invaders. It was just a joke so absurd to be true, which is why it was a joke.

Menne confessed to pressing the SPACEBAR to PAUSE the game, which the game ALLOWS. :) Go back and read the topic. Yeah, its a bad way of exploiting a flaw in the game to get the high score, but NOT cheating by hacking into the game or using Artificial Intellegence to play a shockwave game for you.

GuitarmanTim
09-18-2002, 02:58 PM
like this:

I belief I have the highest natural breakout score of about 15k (or maybe Mercy got more). It was nearly impossible to get that. Then comes someone with a 44k score, gee, ya think he cheated?

anyway, it's pretty easy to find out by simply looking at the score, if it's insane, it was cheated.

MottZilla
09-18-2002, 03:09 PM
Actually cheating at such games is possible, but not through "AI". Please know what you are talking about before thinking such things.

Anyways, also, just because a score is much higher than the rest is no reason to mob them saying they are a cheater.

If you go look at the highest scores in the WORLD for Space Invaders, then you'd be calling the best players in the world cheaters simply cause they are better than you.

Beldaran
09-18-2002, 03:18 PM
There are little programs out there that read the mouse's position on the screen and move it to the appropriate position of the ball so you can walk away from your computer and get a zillion points. I don't know if anyone's used them or not, but I know they are real because I've seen them.

MottZilla
09-18-2002, 03:47 PM
I suppose its possible, but still its pathetic to cheat at a game like these. The whole point of them is to get as good as you can and score well. Cheating means you suck ass and just wanna beat everyone else. ;p

Hermit
09-18-2002, 04:35 PM
Menne didn't cheat by using an AI, he was kidding... but he still cheated nevertheless. By using the spacebar to pause the game every second he basically played Snake in slow motion which resulted in his obscenely high score, so yup he cheated and admitted to it.

AtmaWeapon
09-18-2002, 06:20 PM
*pulls out knife*

Anyone cheats at Pacman, I'll have your balls.

AlexMax
09-18-2002, 06:46 PM
*backs away from Pacman*

What?

Paradox
09-18-2002, 07:13 PM
yeah that 44k breakout score is a bit suspicious... the highest anyone else has gotten is like 15 scores 10000-15000

Glenn the Great
09-18-2002, 11:55 PM
Hitting the spacebar while playing Snake actually makes the game harder to play. It also causes some of the arrow keys to be unresponsive.

Drunken Tiger
09-19-2002, 04:51 AM
Bah, who cares ?!?! Theyre only games..... :p

If they cheat why dont you cheat as well, then itll be a competition of who cheats better!! :D

CH@O$
09-19-2002, 08:29 AM
cheating is unacceptable, it makes pathetic wreches like me who cant score much, seem even worse :'(

Darunia
09-19-2002, 09:06 AM
Bah, who cares ?!?! Theyre only games.....

That's th point. Games are intended to be fun, and cheat steals the fun. :-D

Daarkseid
09-19-2002, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Paradox
yeah that 44k breakout score is a bit suspicious... the highest anyone else has gotten is like 15 scores 10000-15000

Even so, you have absolutely no proof somebody cheated. And that score is perfectly attainable...

I suggest we don't start accusing people of cheating until there is some credible evidence to suggest that is the case.

gdorf
09-19-2002, 07:31 PM
We could just say if a particular score is an outlier, it has to be inspected before it goes into the list. We shouldn't have to do this, it's just a game... but if people are going to be anal about it, why not?

Verman
09-20-2002, 08:49 AM
Hahaha wait a sec...

Did one of the members, this Menne guy, tell DQF or other people that he used a quake 3 bot to play the games for him?
If not I'll feel stupid for shitting my pants laughing at the idiots who would even think of beliving that...

Hell, it would make more sense to say he made a robot that sat at his computer and played the game for him.

Oh yes about some think that makes the paddle hit the ball so you can walk away from the computer would mean that you would have to intercept the location for the ball so that you can use api in windows to move the mouse...Or just change the entire game...I'd like to see it :)