PDA

View Full Version : Operation Blackcomb

obi
09-18-2002, 12:57 PM
I saw pics of it today, Windows Operation Blackcomb, a new windows O/S said to have infinate modding/customizing capabilities. Right now it's in it's ALpha version.

How did I see the pic? I have an 'associate' at college whos knows a worker for Microsoft, who managed to get a copy by some means. From what I saw, it looked awesome. Does anyone have any info on this? as I am in the dark.

The logo looked like the WIN XP one but all Black with lightning in the background.

theplustwo
09-18-2002, 12:58 PM
unless it was a fake (there are many floating around) it sounds awesome, now just burn a copy, upload it, and let us all download it!

AlexMax
09-18-2002, 01:01 PM
Is it open source?

If it is not, then it is not - by definition - infinitly customizable.

AtmaWeapon
09-18-2002, 01:06 PM
He probably means infinitely customizeable in the sense that every graphical element of the OS can be changed. I'd love to see it, but MS has a history of NOT letting you customize anything, so unfortunately I doubt this project will ever make it to the market.

EWild
09-18-2002, 01:38 PM
I would love to see this happen, and it would be a smart move for MS, but knowing them, they won't. ;)

viper
09-19-2002, 03:44 AM
Sad man:meanie: :meanie: :meanie:

Starkist
09-19-2002, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by viper
Sad man:meanie: :meanie: :meanie:

Referring to that thing in your signature?

I don't even have XP yet, which I would very much like to have. The only Windows OS I haven't liked was ME, which was essentially 98 with more crashes per day.

obi
09-19-2002, 03:48 AM
well, I only saw the pic of it and the rest of the information I got from this 'associate' :shrug:

EDIT - Thank you stakist, I would done somethiong similar, but I don't have to as he's sitting right next to me :mischief: :evil:

slothman
09-19-2002, 04:37 AM
So what you are saying is that I, slothman, know someone, you obi, who knows someone, the 'associate', who knows someone, the MS worker, who got a copy of the new OS, This takes urban legends to a new extreme. :D It does sound cool though. Especially if it is NT-like and has PnP.