PDA

View Full Version : help!!!!

CH@O$
09-18-2002, 10:31 AM
can somebody find me some info on something called "burst RAM" apparently it doesnt exist cause i cant find anything relevant

GuitarmanTim
09-18-2002, 11:44 AM
is that when you ram your head onto something hard and stuff comes bursting out of your head?

Mander
09-18-2002, 06:54 PM
I found these definitions.....
Burst EDO RAM
(bee-doh ram)

A type of EDO RAM capable of accessing four addresses with a single burst. It only operates in burst mode as it cannot stay synchronized with the CPU for long periods. It also only works with CPUs where the bus speed is 66MHz or slower.

Pipelined Burst Static RAM
(P-B-S-ram)

A type of cache RAM that employs input or output registers to speed access to the next address location.

Burst (or SynchBurst) Static RAM (BSRAM)
Burst SRAM (also known as SynchBurst SRAM) is synchronized with the system clock or, in some cases, the cache bus clock. This allows it be more easily synchronized with any device that accesses it and reduces access waiting time. It is used as the external level-2 cache memory for the Pentium II microprocessor chipset.

Is that the type of ram you are referring to?

CH@O$
09-23-2002, 07:26 AM
thx, we were told to find out what it does, but i couldnt find anything good on google, matbe its just the parameters i search for.