PDA

View Full Version : tired? hell yes... (a small rant about sleep deprivation)

Gerudo
09-17-2002, 01:46 PM
being sleep deprived really blows, and for me, its starting to wear and tear on my ability to perform at my job... i can do everything i need to do, but not without almost literally passing out in the process... (btw: now that the 3rd night shifter quit, its just me and my bro on night shift)

ive only slept maybe around 20 of the last 96 hours... that averages 4 hours a night, but thats not what ive slept...

day 1: 7 hours, not too bad
day 2: 2 hours, my god, i was tired
day 3: 5 hours, just enough to keep me goin
day 4: somewhere between 3 and 4...

today: i just slept 2 hours and im wide awake... that mean ill probably only get 2 more hours later...

the only reason i cant sleep, is because of the daylight. i think id need one of those sleep masks or something... we are getting the coming friday and saturday off, and there will be a bonfire at my cousins saturday night... cool... i just dont wanna sleep the whole weekend...

why dont i try and sleep now? have you ever tried to sleep when your wide awake? id end up just laying down for the rest of the day, no sleep...

oh well... how many other people experience sleep deprivation?

MrCow
09-17-2002, 01:50 PM
Umm I almost had that problem last week, But I finally managed to get my sleep. take some nyquil or whatever the hell it is, nightquil I HAVE NO IDEA just take some :-p

Cyclone
09-17-2002, 01:55 PM
Sunday afternoon, I was just doing stuff, and suddenly felt tired (I was home alone). This happened while playing SSB, and I happened to be sitting on my bed. I paused the game and lay down for a moment...or so I intended.

I came to around 4:21 and looked at the clock to find that time. I slept maybe an hour right there.

Kind of strange for me to fall asleep like that...

Cyclone

Ibis, God of Magicks
09-17-2002, 01:56 PM
Don't even talk to me about sleep deprivation...

Gerudo
09-17-2002, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Ibis_god_of_Magicks
Don't even talk to me about sleep deprivation...
:confuse2:

Cyclone
09-17-2002, 02:00 PM
Talks to Ibis about sleep deprivation.

:D

Cyclone

Ibis, God of Magicks
09-17-2002, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Cyclone
Talks to Ibis about sleep deprivation.

:D

Cyclone

Man, I can always count on you for a good laugh.

MrCow
09-17-2002, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Ibis_god_of_Magicks
Man, I can always count on you for a good laugh.

LOL cyclone is always good for a laugh. must be his online charm towards us sleep deprived people:-p

Cyclone
09-17-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Mr.Cow..
LOL cyclone is always good for a laugh. must be his online charm towards us sleep deprived people:-p

Yeah, must be the fact that I'm a bit sleep-deprived, myself. During the regular week, six hours of sleep is a dream...I may luck out 2morrow, but only because one class (two hours!) is cancelled...I'm going to the alternate session for the other, too, meaning I can skip 8 a.m...that's a good thing! :sleep:

Cyclone

obi
09-17-2002, 03:17 PM
over the last week, I've been sleeping less, not as much as you guys but considerably less for me - 5 hours of sleep. Not very good when I start getting dozy in college....

Paradox
09-17-2002, 03:24 PM
take some sleeping pills or something

i never have trouble sleeping... if i could, i'd sleep anywhere from 9-12 hours. i don't have trouble constantly going on about 6 hours.

WarOmnimon
09-17-2002, 03:25 PM
I haven't slept much since Thursday. Key word is much. I have gotten some sleep, but not as much as I usually do.

Yoshiman
09-17-2002, 04:05 PM
Smack yourself over the head with any heavey object laying around the house. That'll work :)

Fiyerstorm
09-17-2002, 09:38 PM
*cries*

I'll sleep tonight knowing that people have it bad when it comes to shleepy time.

goKi
09-18-2002, 02:54 AM
i get about 6.5 a night.... i have nothing better to do

Ibis, God of Magicks
09-18-2002, 03:29 AM
The still drone of the time
past midnight.
All words are put out,
men are sunk into the sweetness
of sleep. Even the far-flung world
has put aside its rages
for sleep.