PDA

View Full Version : I'm gonna party cuz it's 1999...

Dracula
09-16-2002, 06:15 PM
Cuz now I'm 2000... Yay. Just to think, it took a year for me to reach 1000, now it took about 6 months.

So, to make this a real topic... uh... hmmm... How many people are gonna get Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance on my Birthday?

Raichu86
09-16-2002, 06:32 PM
Depends. Will you send me Zelda Classic for the Undead first? I want to play ZC after I die! :tongue:

Yoshiman
09-16-2002, 07:29 PM
HoD looks ok, but the main character looks a little weird. His sprite looks horrible, and his mugshot makes him look like a girl. Besides I'm saving up for SFA. And it comes out next week! *dances around room*

Dracula
09-16-2002, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Yoshiman
HoD looks ok, but the main character looks a little weird. His sprite looks horrible, and his mugshot makes him look like a girl. Besides I'm saving up for SFA. And it comes out next week! *dances around room*

hmmm... Apparently, you don't know who Ayami Kojima is (Anime artist who worked with SOTN, Chronicles, and now HOD). This is my favorite anime artist, no doubts. I don't think Juste looks like a girl... Ever seen the movie "Powder" ? I think he suffers that... stuff... And his sprite is much better than Nathan's, which I found blocky, thin, hard to see, and not even as good as Simon's sprite in the first Castlevania... bleh... Besides, do you not know what the stairway to Dracula's tomb looks like? It has the same affect as SOTN, with the 3D clock tower, and the chapel corridors that loom over the forests in SOTN, with those mode7 clouds? They're there too. SOTN sprites? Yup, they got em'. The perfectly-moving gears found in SOTN with the cool blood-stains? You think they'd leave that out? Or how about the tripy looking catacomb room with the lava? Well, it's not exactly like that, but let's say it's got that cave-like affect, with the walls turning all trippy and shit... Or, how about the towering bosses that went up fifty screens? Hell yeah... Flame effects? Yup. Changeble weapons? yeah. New magic attacks? Yup. Easy to see rooms? Of course. Replay value? How about playing it again as Maxim... Or, better yet, the original Simon Belmont sprite? Ha, this game is so sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yoshiman
09-17-2002, 04:02 PM
I'm just saying that Juste's sprite looks bad. The other graphics are great.

Link 101
09-17-2002, 06:06 PM
Yeah I agree. I think the main character graphics suck! The other sprites are really great! I like the bosses alot! I am saving up for FF7 even though it is only $15!

Yoshiman
09-17-2002, 06:13 PM
Juste's outline is blue! I think that's a little weird.