PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Ryu's leveling in Breath of Fire?

Raichu86
09-15-2002, 10:15 PM
All of my characters are running ahead of Ryu, who's currently at level 25. Bleu is level 30! :eek: I'm getting worried that I'm not battling in such a way that Ryu gets more experience... But then when he does all fighting, somebody else levels up, leaving me very confused. :confuse2: Can anybody explain?

Also, while I'm here, I'm wondering if I should confront that dream world you get to in the tall tower south of Spring. Ryu's got the second set of dragon spells, and Karn has 3 merge spells, the Karn-Bo-Gobi one, the Karn-Bo-Ox one, and the Karn-Bo-Ox-Gobi one. Everybody's got good armor and stuff. Is there anything else I should do?

Warlock
09-15-2002, 10:55 PM
I've only played BoF 2, which has horrible leveling.. I found in that game, most of my characters would do like 1hp of damage because "I didn't level them enough" (which is BS, I hate manditory leveling).

mrz84
09-15-2002, 11:29 PM
well since i played the game and beat it (orginal snes folks, not the gba game, though they are the same in story and such and that i have several other rpgs under my belt (almost all th final fantasies except the gameboy ones, ff2j, ff3j, ff5, ff7, ff8, and ff10; the first 2 bof game, secret of mana, earthbound*and why not?*, robotrek, chrono trigger *must i explain more?*, and several others) i must say this: most rpgs use an experience system where everyone who parteks of battle gets experience. in bof1, they include those not in battle as well because you can switch someone for another person at each new round's start *personally i like that. makes the battle more interesting* and that they travel with ya so towit, all party members in bof1 shall gain exp as long as they are traveling with you in one form or another. if they arenot with you *ex: blue stays to help a sick villager* they don't gain exp. untowit. :kawaii:

Raichu86
09-16-2002, 10:19 AM
So they all gain equal experience points, which is good... I'm guessing now that Ryu takes more experience points to level up than the other characters do. I think it aught to be the same for all characters. :shrug:

Ryu used to level up just as often as Nina would, but now Nina's two levels ahead.

mikeron
09-18-2002, 04:32 AM
It's because Ryu is too hardcore to be leveled so easily. Also, Bleu is always like that.