PDA

View Full Version : Destined One Unpassworded Release!

StarFox
09-14-2002, 10:12 PM
This has been at PureZC for quite some time now, but I decided it's time to release it here. Some of you (well actually, probably nobody) may remember a quest demo I released called Destined One. All it is is a couple dungeon's strung together. This was made quite a while ago, and I like to believe I've improved since this quest. It was never going to be completed; it was basically a demo I made while waiting for the full 1.92. However, I became impatient waiting for a full release to start a quest, so I decided to start a secret quest anyway, which is what I am working on now.

For those of you wondering "What is Destined One?" ... well, actually, I already said it. Just a couple dungeons strung together. But from the responses I've gotten after releasing this at PZC, I've determined that this is a hard quest. It will test your skills as a ZC player.

And for those few who are wondering "So what's new?" ... Well, actually, nothing. Except that you can now open it in ZQuest to see everything I've done. In particular, you may want to look at level 2. See how complex it is with all the duplicate maps? Well, I wanted something unique, so I worked and worked until I came up with turntables. What are turntables? Download the quest to find out. ;)

This also means if the quest is too challenging, you can tweak some of the rooms, or put in a cheat code.

So, without further ado, here it is: Destined One (http://teilyr.homestead.com/files/DestinedOneDemo.zip)

Oh, and be sure to thank Teilyr for suprising me and uploading it for me. :)

Teilyr
09-15-2002, 09:36 AM
No one's thanked me yet. I feel under appriciated. :laughing: You guys should check this one out... Fox's been using ZC since 1.84, and he's done some things just blow my mind. Definately worth the download.

annnot
09-16-2002, 11:41 AM
I downloaded Destined One, but It says it is n invalided quest file.

Teilyr
09-16-2002, 11:47 AM
What version did you try to play it in? If it's 1.90, you can forget it. 1.92 only.

annnot
09-16-2002, 11:54 AM
How do i get 1.92

Teilyr
09-16-2002, 12:33 PM
How'd you get 1.90 and not see 1.92? :odd: Guess you didn't get it from zc.com..

Here's the link.. Scroll down the page. http://www.zeldaclassic.com/download.shtml

StarFox
09-21-2002, 12:21 AM
Thanks for the feedback, everyone. :laughing:

I find it strange that I got more replies when I first posted this quest. Just out of curiosity, could you people tell me if you downloaded it or not? I was kind of suprised that it was talked about a bunch over at PZC, and there's virtually nothing here.

And if you didn't download it, could you at least tell me if I did something wrong? Should I have shown screenies? (I couldn't get them because ZC wasn't working for me) Is it because I'm not as well known here as I am at PZC? What criteria do you use to decide whether or not to download a quest?

imported_Cool_Link
09-21-2002, 12:30 AM
I downloaded the quest now shut up...ummm....er...I don't count, do I?:rolleyes:

lily
09-21-2002, 01:08 AM
I plyed it and it is very interesting. So are you going to finish this quest ?And would you have the overworld ?

imported_Cool_Link
09-21-2002, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by lily
I plyed it and it is very interesting. So are you going to finish this quest ?And would you have the overworld ? From what I understand, he's never going to finsh it.

blckscab
09-21-2002, 08:54 AM
I am downloading it right now:D

StarFox
09-21-2002, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Cool_Link
From what I understand, he's never going to finsh it.

Exactly right.

When I first started this quest, I knew it was never going to be finished. I just wanted to practice creating dungeons while I waited for a full version of ZC to come out. Well, I got impatient, so I quit this quest in favor of a real quest. I'm glad I did use this to practice, as IMO, I have gotten much better. Because I knew I was done with this little practice session, I decieded to release it unpassworded to the public. The first time I released it, nobody seemed to get to level 2, and I wanted people to see the work I put into it. This way, you can open up the quest and do whatever you want to it... make it easier, put on cheats, modify rooms, add to it, just look at my work, or whatever else you might want to do. I know it's not the best quest out there. It's too hard, for one. But I never thought I would be releasing it. My real quest will be much better, IMO, and is already shaping out to better. But enough advertisement. Have fun.

-StarFox-

Oh, and I really like comments, positive or negative.

fingolfin
09-22-2002, 11:35 AM
i'm dling it right now. never heard of it before, but i'll snatch it anyway.

Yoshiman
09-22-2002, 01:41 PM
I'm downloading now...34%, 37%, 39%....