PDA

View Full Version : AOL keeps getting gayer and gayer...

Hermit
09-14-2002, 03:54 AM
... not that it isn't supremely gay already, but now I'm pretty much screwed out of using the AIM anymore it seems.

I turn on AIM, get an error pop-up which leads me to this:

This area is for AOL members only. AOL.COM is now part of AOL Anywhere, which allows members to access their e-mail, calendar, preferences and much more -- wherever they are whenever they want it.

Although you have a valid Screen Name and password, you are not an AOL member.
Click here if you want to join AOL.

In a word... gay. :rolleyes:

Teilyr
09-14-2002, 03:59 AM
AIM did that? Damn.. My aim works fine... Quite strange indeed.

Starkist
09-14-2002, 04:03 AM
My IM is still working fine, however yesterday it was having problems. I tried to sign on and there was an error message that said that the network was down for the moment. When I clicked the 'more info' button it took me to aol.com..... grrr...

There's a commercial for AOL that says 'look at all the things that you get only through AOL!' and then lists stuff such as emailing photos, instant messaging, etc. They're as bad as Disney when it comes to shameless self promotion.

Thunderbird
09-14-2002, 04:03 AM
My AIM is still working here.

mrz84
09-14-2002, 04:11 AM
i don't ue aim so i don't need to worry. i feel sorry for you though.....http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/http://www.angelfire.com/anime2/myanimepage/mini_ami.gif

Fade to Black
09-14-2002, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by Starkist
My IM is still working fine, however yesterday it was having problems. I tried to sign on and there was an error message that said that the network was down for the moment. When I clicked the 'more info' button it took me to aol.com..... grrr...

Happened to me yesterday as well...

Thunderbird
09-14-2002, 04:18 AM
95% of the errors move you to AOL.com :P. Check AIM.com and try and find the error explanation.

I think the only errors that don't are login errors and those send you to the AIM help file (since the cause could be a downed connection).

Lone Wolf
09-14-2002, 04:51 AM
My AIM works fine. *knocks on wood*

Teilyr
09-14-2002, 04:58 AM
I'm just sick of that one lady's description of IM. "It's like having a verbal chat.. (typing motion) electronically!"

S'like.. Bitch.. :whap: