PDA

View Full Version : I'm playing Animal Crossing and I think it's....

Rijuhn
09-14-2002, 01:06 AM
Yeah, the game is, so far, just a bunch of little stupid tasks you can do for people. Nothing really engrossing that I thought it would be. It's more of a casual game that you'd play for an hour every other day after work or school.

I think the amount of customability is awesome however. You can change the floor and walls to what you want and even design your own tiles to use for things like clothes, doors, walls, and umbrellas.

I'm afraid to play the game too long because I think I'll slowly become gay. It's got a lot of sill colors and it uses pinks, purples, and other bright colors liberally. I think I'll still buy it though because you can do different things at differents days of the week, of the month, of the year and different times of day. And you can only catch certain bugs and fish during different seasons.

Daarkseid
09-14-2002, 01:16 AM
Hah hah, I read Gabe's little take on the game at Penny-arcade.com and he talked about how he raided his girl friend's town, stealing oranges which he then planted in his town.

The game sounds sweet.

Rijuhn
09-14-2002, 01:16 AM
Dude, you can do that?

Daarkseid
09-14-2002, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by Rijuhn
Dude, you can do that?

One thing I do know for sure, is that you can visit other people's towns. I think you do this by loading them from memory cards.

AlexMax
09-14-2002, 02:51 AM
Yeah.

And Rijuhn, you are playing it just about as much as you're supposed to. According to IGN, the game might get a little old after about a month if you play it too much, but thats about three weeks more than you spend with any other game anyway.

Dracula
09-14-2002, 10:55 AM
One question... What is this game about? GameFaqs members say it's like the Sims + Harvest Moon, but... yeah...

Mak-X
09-14-2002, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Daarkseid
Hah hah, I read Gabe's little take on the game at Penny-arcade.com and he talked about how he raided his girl friend's town, stealing oranges which he then planted in his town.

The game sounds sweet.

I read that too, that sounds fun. It'd be neat if there were a way to transfer game saves over the internet so you could visit other peoples towns (and stuff for other games) with people across the world. The game also comes with a Memory Card 59.

Animal Crossing comes out Wednesday here, but I won't be getting it because I think I'm gonna save up for Starfox Adventures on the 23rd.

Check the latest issue of EGM (PS2 online cover) that has a page review of Animal Crossing where they give it a Gold.

Here's a preview of it from Gamespot
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/previews/0,10869,2879359,00.html

Yoshiman
09-15-2002, 12:50 PM
I'm getting SFA. I'm not gonna bother with AC. You don't get to hit anyone over the head.

NerdWarrior
09-15-2002, 01:02 PM
!
EGM gave it a gold?????!!?!?!
*saves money quickly*
Oh yeah...offtopic, what did they give SMS?

Mak-X
09-15-2002, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by NerdWarrior
!
EGM gave it a gold?????!!?!?!
*saves money quickly*
Oh yeah...offtopic, what did they give SMS?

A Gold award.

Of course you have to realize for some games you might not like it even if it does get a high rating. If you care nothing about sports and Football, and the latest Football game gets a Gold or perfect 9.5-10, your still not going to like it, because you don't like sports or football.

matthew986
09-15-2002, 01:48 PM
SMS got 3 ratings of 9.5 each. Which gives it a gold. AC got a 9, 9, and 9.5 i believe. Im split between AC SMS and SFA right now. I probly will get SFA because it is a action adventure like Zelda. Whatever I get, im renting first.

NerdWarrior
09-15-2002, 02:11 PM
Heh. Damorz, I'm going to have to wait for some of these games...
i can get both metroids for christmas...and Zelda for my birthday.
Hehe...
So AC is good then? It sounds like it, especially if I can do some "arson" around town...while being the town firefighter...

Gerudo
09-15-2002, 04:36 PM
the gfx look a lil blocky to me...

Grasshopper
09-15-2002, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Rijuhn
It's more of a casual game that you'd play for an hour every other day after work or school.

Thats exactly how Nintendo wants it to be played. They stated that its meant to pe played for 15 minutes or something then do something else. Casual

Mak-X
09-15-2002, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Gerudo
the gfx look a lil blocky to me...

Yeah, it seems like they could have made it a little more round with the GCN. It's mainly because they sorta ported a lot of stuff from the N64 version of Animal Forest, so the graphics aren't as spiffy as they should be. The same with Cubivore (Animal Leader) which was originally going to be a N64 game.

Warlock
09-15-2002, 09:49 PM
Cubivore? They really renamed it to that? lmao!

Grasshopper
09-15-2002, 09:58 PM
they changed cubivore. The cubes don't have sharp edges, but then again...its cubes, so who could tell. :)

Mak-X
09-15-2002, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Warlock
Cubivore? They really renamed it to that? lmao!

Yeah, dunno if that's good or bad but it does fit with the game. Its good that its coming to the U.S.. Atlus is publishing it. Now only Doshin the Giant remains. I'd really like to play that game, maybe Atlus will pick that up too.