PDA

View Full Version : Snk For Life

Maverick_Zero
09-13-2002, 10:58 PM
SNK IS BACK, Read this from Penny-Arcades, land of the rising fun.

After the failure of the NGPC and struggling with financial problems SNK finally closed its North American and European offices in June 2000. in October 2001 the Japanese divisions were closed as well. During this time SNK was purchased by a company called Aruze that specialized in making pachinko machines. Aruze made a few gambling games using SNK characters but it was obvious to everyone that they had no intention of working to revitalize the Neo-Geo brand. After their brief stint with Aruze the company was recently purchased by Playmore. Playmore is essentially the new SNK of japan however there are other companies like BrezzaSoft and Noise Factory that are also helping to fuel a Neo-Geo comeback. Click here to view a diagram of the current companies associated with the Neo-Geo. Playmore has been working very hard to revive the Neo-Geo and introduce a whole new generation to its library of fantastic titles. Older games like Metal Slug X and King of Fighters 2000 are making their way to new systems like the Playstation and the Dreamcast. Playmore is also not giving up on the MVS or AES systems. With new games coming out this year like Rage of the Dragons, Metal Slug 4 and king of Fighters 2002 the future of the Neo is looking very bright indeed.

I for one could not be more happier or happy, or happyer, goddamn my bad grammer :D . Anyway, I hope they port these games to America.

MottZilla
09-14-2002, 12:33 AM
Hm? MVS carts will work on any MVS motherboard. And I believe the AES carts are the same too. And sorry, but NeoGeo won't pickup that strong because its too exspensive and the emulation is high quality nowdays.

Anyway, it IS good however to see new quailty 2D games and that such an old system is still alive.

Fade to Black
09-14-2002, 02:11 AM
Crystalis was the only real SNK game I ever played besides Samuraii Showdown, but I'm not sure if that was SNK...

Oh well.

AlexMax
09-14-2002, 12:48 PM
Samurai Showdown was indeed SNK. One of the best SNK games in my opnion, as well.