PDA

View Full Version : My grandmother is a moron

Ibis, God of Magicks
09-12-2002, 04:59 PM
She came home today all hyped up about somke conspiracy she herd about last night...

Our T.V.'s will be void by the end of the year. Only Digital television sets will be supported in 2003. So, everyone has to go buy a digital TV. The government will be offerening an exchange program later in the year to trade in your soon to be unusable TV in for a new digital one.

------
Any who, she was upset cause she thinks she has to buy a new thousand dollar TV. I tried to calm her down, and you know what she told me? And I quote:

"Shut the fuck up. How the hell would you know anything about anything?"-Ibis' grandmother

MrCow
09-12-2002, 05:00 PM
lol ignorant people make me laugh at times. like rightn ow when im tired

Rafnul
09-12-2002, 05:02 PM
ROFL your gramma said that? COOL.

Beldaran
09-12-2002, 05:06 PM
Dude, if she's going be like that, use it to your advantage and get her to give you her "useless" old TV.:evil:

Yoshiman
09-12-2002, 05:07 PM
Old people get like that.

EWild
09-12-2002, 05:07 PM
LMAO. Your grandma is so fucking funny it's not describable. XD

Paradox
09-12-2002, 05:08 PM
grandma with an attitude :mischief:

Dracula
09-12-2002, 05:12 PM
Damn... Tell her that the conspericy she's talking about is called AGN, and they want every old TV so they can play GTA3. ^_^

DarkPanther
09-12-2002, 05:16 PM
I remember reading a story about that in TIME magazine about 8 years ago.... seriously.... I was like, "wow, in under 10 years we're ALL going to have to own digital TV's!!....... HAHAHAHAHABULL$#!+!!!" Did she even stop to think how ridiculous it'd be and how much money the media would lose if suddenly, everyone without a digital TV couldn't watch TV at all?

But hey, at least she knows there is such a thing as digital TV. She's ahead of most old folk.

Jigglysaint
09-12-2002, 05:21 PM
So what this means is that no tv, or C64 monitor will get stations, only tvs that are digital? Would this include Canada as well? Are you sure you arn't just joking and I'm worrying yet again about nothing?

Lilith
09-12-2002, 06:45 PM
LOL. My dad thinks he's a huge technological authority and calls people up to inform them of important developments. Today I heard him on the phone: "You probably haven't heard of this, but they call it 'burning out' a CD!" Good lord...

Yoshiman
09-12-2002, 08:26 PM
Heh. Tell him it's burning cds. Not burning out.

mike5000
09-12-2002, 11:59 PM
Since where on the "T.V." subject I could use some help.. I have a 56" LCD Widescreen T.V. (its huge) but there is one problem with it....When there is a bright flash or like a close gunshot on a movie It will dim then slowly brighten back to normal (i just call it a Flash)! it gets really annoying when you watch wrestling (with all the stupid photographers flashing directly at the camera) Does anybody know a way I could get rid of this "Flash"?

Lone Wolf
09-13-2002, 12:00 AM
Your grandma is funny!

Yoshiman
09-13-2002, 05:37 AM
Orginally posted by mike5000
Since where on the "T.V." subject I could use some help.. I have a 56" LCD Widescreen T.V. (its huge) but there is one problem with it....When there is a bright flash or like a close gunshot on a movie It will dim then slowly brighten back to normal (i just call it a Flash)! it gets really annoying when you watch wrestling (with all the stupid photographers flashing directly at the camera) Does anybody know a way I could get rid of this "Flash"?

Hmm... How old is your TV? 'Cause the flashes might be burning images into the screen.

Dracula
09-13-2002, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Lilith
LOL. My dad thinks he's a huge technological authority and calls people up to inform them of important developments. Today I heard him on the phone: "You probably haven't heard of this, but they call it 'burning out' a CD!" Good lord...

So that's why my CD ROM drive squeels, has smoke come out of it, and smells like rubber? cool!!! :laughing: