PDA

View Full Version : A little help to get me started again.

Samson007
09-11-2002, 04:43 PM
I need a name for my quest. Nothing corny or based off a previous quest.

The story is like this not really fully thought out yet though so it might change and some stuff is missing: You live in a small village to the east of a giant mountain. One day dark clouds gather above the mountain. The townspeople are suspicious but being the only one physically fit to climb it you are sent to do the job. I wont reveal what goes on there but ill say that the MAIN objective is to gather 8 flames of............i dont know what i should call them yet.

I cant give out too much more info or it may ruin the story. All i know is that some of the things ive seen on zc are really impressing me and i want back in on the action so thats it. I hope you can help me name it, and possibly think of a good name for the 8 flames.

Starkist
09-11-2002, 04:50 PM
Axis of Fire....
Mountain of Flame...

I don't know, I'm terrible at naming things.....

Samson007
09-11-2002, 05:06 PM
Hmmmm axis of fire has a nice ring to it. Ill put on the possible list which so far is: Axis of fire............thats it. Any other suggestions?

Teilyr
09-11-2002, 05:20 PM
Is it a Zelda based storyline? Like, you're Link, and you're thrown into another adventure?

LoZ titles are considerably easier to come up with.. I had to ask the folks here to get The Chronicals of Lucretia.

Hmm.. Well, what's your world name? Lucretia's mine, so that's how I was able to get that part there.

Like.. The _____ of _____: _____ Ya know? As for your fires, I'm still thinking. :) Give me a few minutes and I'm bound to think of something.

Samson007
09-11-2002, 06:47 PM
Im still developing all the main details, like the name of the area you are on but i plan to make a killer overworld. I just gotta think of a good name.

While im here could someone tell me how to make events, you know fade to another screen and watch something happen, preferably without link on the screen.

Teilyr
09-11-2002, 07:29 PM
Screen flags. :) No subscreen and Invis. Link are 2 new screen flags in beta 163.

EWild
09-11-2002, 07:40 PM
Flames of Furry? Can't help with limited details.

C-Dawg
09-11-2002, 07:54 PM
How about "Big Gay Al's Flaming Rainbow Rampage"?

-C

Samson007
09-12-2002, 07:57 AM
Ha! Thats a good one but i have to say i like axis of fire the best so far. Ill take suggestions for 1 more day then im gonna start making it.

Teilyr
09-12-2002, 08:49 AM
Axis of Fire for the quest name.. Not bad. :) Now.. What do the fires represent? Why were they created, and why does the player have to collect them?

Samson007
09-12-2002, 04:40 PM
Well i dont want to reveal WHY you collect them but ill say that the fires were once one. A great fire created by Satans pitchfork which consumed all good in the world. How satan got this power has yet to be revealed. But satan took form as the fire and began to burn ALL, thats where the events will come in, (flashbacks).
Someone (im not saying who) Found a way to weaken the fire for a short time, giving him or her the time to split the fire into 8 pieces. Why you have to get the pieces together again im not going to say.

Hope you like.

I dont have to use satan though. If someone has a truly frightning name for the fire demon please post that here too.

Starkist
09-12-2002, 04:44 PM
Take the letters K, D, and R and make a name out of them. It will always sound evil. Kra'dar, Drakon, Kr'jad..... :)

Samson007
09-12-2002, 04:50 PM
Thats funny because i got a game called darkstone where the bad guy's name is Draak, D,K, and R

Teilyr
09-13-2002, 08:47 AM
So, am I to understand that the fire was seperated, and the "hero" has to collect them again? Sounds like you play the role of evil at first "glance".

This quest sounds very interesting.

Samson007
09-13-2002, 04:48 PM
Thanks. i hope it will be as interesting as it sounds. Production may be slow though. Im also working with rpgmaker 2000