PDA

View Full Version : TMNT Comeback!

E-FORCE
09-10-2002, 06:22 PM
Konami (http://www.planetgamecube.com/news.cfm?action=item&id=3393) will once again be developing games for TMNT, which they had the license for when the series originally made it big starting in the late 1980s. The games will be based off the new series that will be launching next year on Fox Saturday mornings thanks to 4Kids Production.

Beldaran
09-10-2002, 07:25 PM
Cool! MUST BUY AN XBOX!:drool:

Carmine
09-10-2002, 07:38 PM
new series by 4kids?... Carmine doesnt like the sound of that.

Warlock
09-10-2002, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Beldaran
Cool! MUST BUY AN XBOX!:drool:

What does Xbox have to do with anything?

"With the first release planned for the 2003 holiday season, the all-new Konami-created TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES video games will be published across multiple game platforms"

Maverick_Zero
09-10-2002, 08:25 PM
Wooh, thats a big relieve, something as good as TMNT soiled by Microsoft (By you Linux cryptos Microshit). Will it be like a third person action/adventure game?

Beldaran
09-10-2002, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Warlock
What does Xbox have to do with anything?

"With the first release planned for the 2003 holiday season, the all-new Konami-created TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES video games will be published across multiple game platforms"

I just meant that I need to get a console of some kind. I don't have one. I want to play halo more than mario sunshine so I just sort of randomly said xbox.:shrug:

Warlock
09-10-2002, 08:44 PM
ahh, well that makes sense.. although it's possible they may not be made for all consoles (but I doubt that would be the case here)

Fade to Black
09-10-2002, 10:35 PM
Kick ass! I want to play more TMNT games...and they better do as good a job as they did with all the other ones.

MottZilla
09-10-2002, 11:20 PM
About time. =) TMNT RULES. And with konami on the job again, it's bound to be fun.

E-FORCE
09-11-2002, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Carmine
No. They're only bringing the show on air and doing all the promos to get people's attention of it. It's like this, animators make pilots for companies like 4Kids Production, who do programming for certain broadcasting companies like Fox who do not fell like setting up the lineup themselves. If 4Kids Production likes what the animators are making, then they ask a few more to be made in order to make sure that it is not just a fluke. If the show makes it beyond that, then 4KIds Production will most likely place it on the lineup.

Yoshiman
09-11-2002, 06:13 PM
I used to watch that show all the time. I even have the movie. I've also played a couple games.

Beldaran
09-11-2002, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Warlock
ahh, well that makes sense.. although it's possible they may not be made for all consoles (but I doubt that would be the case here)

I think it said in the article that it would be on all platforms.

Warlock
09-12-2002, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Carmine

4kids rocks :) They have licences to a lot of Nintendo francises (which of course includes Pokemon).. They're responsible for the new Kirby show, as well as a future Perfect Dark show (when the hell that is gonna get on the air is beyond me). They also hold the rights to do shows on most of Nintendo's franchises (which means we may see a Mario or Zelda based show in the future, who knows..)

Anyways:
http://www.4kidsentertainment.com/properties/tmnt.html

There's the TMNT promotion page from 4kids... not much on there but there is a nice logo thingy..

Oh, and remember, it could be worse. It could have been done by the ones responsible for bringing over Hamtaro :D

Edit: Check it out:
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/html/toys.htm

The new line of TMNT action figures.. Shredder seems to have changed in appearance quite a bit.

Yoshiman
09-12-2002, 06:01 AM
Hamtaro... I... Must... kill... cute... hamsters... YYYYAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!