PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop Contest #22!

Beldaran
09-10-2002, 05:40 PM
Ok, we just finished our rejected textbooks theme...and I wanted to continue the same line of thought.

So this weeks competition is:

Imagine that some GREAT programmer came to AGN and decided to release a new game. Create the cover art for the many "REJECTED VIDEO GAME IDEAS" that we would undoubtedly inundate him with.:)

So, to summarize, "REJECTED VIDEO GAME IDEAS" is the theme for this weeks contest.

Due Teusday 9/17/02

Press CTRL ALT DEL twice to continue...

Yoshiman
09-10-2002, 05:46 PM
Do we sumbit it to you by e-mail? Sorry, this is my first time.

Beldaran
09-10-2002, 05:47 PM
You can e-mail me at

[email protected]
or The Savior at

[email protected]

Or you can PM either of us.:)

NaFe
09-11-2002, 03:37 AM
any specific file dimensions? :P

Beldaran
09-11-2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by NaFe
any specific file dimensions? :P

They can basically be any size, but please try and keep them under 400 or 500k just out of courtesy.;)

Also, I know you would never do this, but please don't send bitmaps!:)

The Savior
09-11-2002, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Beldaran
Press CTRL ALT DEL twice to continue... Heh, it's nice to know that I share the same sense of humor with at least one other person here...

Originally posted by Beldaran
Also, I know you would never do this, but please don't send bitmaps!:) Yes, bad things happen to entries that are sent as a bitmap. Eeeeeevil, strange,twisted things. So make sure it doesn't happen.

NaFe
09-11-2002, 09:43 PM
lol id never send a bitmap, unless it was like, 4 pixels by 2, and i was too lazy to change it :tongue:

The Savior
09-11-2002, 09:52 PM
*sigh* Then I guess I'll be doing my strange, twisted, eeeeevil things alone again. :(

NaFe
09-11-2002, 10:08 PM
this is my first attempt at one of these contests (ive done plenty others before), but do we simply make up any title we like, and just design a front cover for it? Also, are we allowed to use other programs, not just photoshop? say, Rhino 3D or 3Ds max or something?

Beldaran
09-11-2002, 11:04 PM
yes you can use whatever programs you want.

I'm sorry to say that you will find your work to be of far superior quality to ours. Many of the members here are younger (not me) or blatantly unskilled (me). The contest is often judged more on humor or creativity of ideas than actual imaging prowess. Sorry to dissappoint you.:(

I've already recieved a .bmp for the contest. Don't worry Yoshiman, I converted it to a .jpg for you.:laughing:

Savior, do your thing to Yoshiman.

Oh, and yes...you just make the cover of a "rejected videogame".:)

NaFe
09-11-2002, 11:45 PM
lol okay, thanks :D i may enter, but i have exams and stuff going on at the moment, so i might not have time :tongue:

Yoshiman
09-12-2002, 05:17 AM
Oops... Sorry about that