PDA

View Full Version : A little queston about layers

thecewlguy87
09-10-2002, 04:45 AM
Which layer do I have to use to make it so that I can walk under it and also walk over it? ( As Cloral uses in his demo Quest)

And where is layer 0 for?

Teilyr
09-10-2002, 07:09 AM
Layer 0 is the layer that everything is on normally. If you turn it off, you'll see that everything vanishes.

As for over AND under... I'm.. not really sure. If I could see an example, it would be helpful, as I'm rather brain dead at the moment. :goofy:

jman2050
09-10-2002, 07:36 AM
Actually, I think that is pulled off by using pits. Basically, you can either walk under a layer or over, but not both. The only way I could see to do this would be to switch screens whenever you want to walk on top of the layer when you were previously under it, or vice versa.

fingolfin
10-06-2002, 09:50 PM
Yeah, on one quest i played, when you were on the top level, there would be maybe 4-5 Ropes. But, when you are underneath, there's 3-4 Stalfos in their place. They have to be 2 different screens, linked by a stair/ pit combo.

ShadowTiger
10-08-2002, 08:08 AM
Scroll warps tend to be used in these kinds of operations. Just make sure that the two different areas have the same midi and cset so the player can't detect the difference between the 2 scenes, OK?