View Full Version : Can you say '1984'?

AlexMax
09-09-2002, 02:58 PM
http://www.theregus.com/content/4/26226.html

Now it's trying to rewrite history...

DarkDragon
09-09-2002, 03:46 PM
Yeah, that seems about book line for Micro$oft:
1. Implement ultra-crappy "security," leaving tons of gaping holes everywhere.
2. Refuse to release their security code, so that preventative measure can't be taken.
3. Deny everything until an attack wipes out half their customers' systems, at which point they write a half-assed patch that fixes one hole while opening two new ones.

Beldaran
09-09-2002, 03:46 PM
Since most people who spend all their time on IRC are such fascinating and valuable people, I'm sure Microsoft is just dying to allow access to hack them.:rolleyes:

Axel
09-09-2002, 03:51 PM
weird, does this mean that Bill Gates is Big Brother?

Daarkseid
09-09-2002, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Axel
weird, does this mean that Bill Gates is Big Brother?

Hah hah hah, he probably is. But since he paid a million dollars to the organization thats trying to cure my disease, I'm not going to care.

AlexMax
09-09-2002, 09:27 PM
He spent probably 20 times that on Xbox ADvERTISING alone...

Beldaran
09-09-2002, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by AlexMax

He spent money on advertising? FUCK! Call the CIA!! What a fucking bastard! How dare he advertise a product!

Daarkseid
09-09-2002, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by AlexMax

Now wait a minute. Theres a difference. Did he PAY for that advertising out of his own fortune? Or was that paid for by Microsoft? Theres a difference. That advertising could simply be a business expense that costed Gates nothing.

His million to my charity came out of his own personal fortune.

vegeta1215
09-10-2002, 12:47 AM
Man AlexMax, you really don't like Microsoft do you? :D

I used to post news about all the MS stuff going on, but if it's really important to current MS users, they can find it themselves. I don't like fighting with people anymore of MS, it doesn't get anywhere. I'm more than happy to let them live in ignorance (thinking Windows is the best Operating System out there) then preach to them.

I still like to post about Open Source software that is cross platform though ;)

Daarkseid
09-10-2002, 02:10 AM
Well, those who think Windows is the best OS are stupid, I agree. The Best OS in my sad opinion is MacOS. The performance I got out of it is how I stack up OS capabilities. Windows for the most part failed this comparison until XP, which somehow blew away my expectations with how well it runs compared to all previous versions of windows I've used.

AlexMax
09-10-2002, 06:50 AM
Win2k (which was actually sorta good. Even shit can have varying colors) + fluff + new EULA + unnecissary new features + half a gig of HD space = Windows XP

Oh Daarkseid, what do you think of OS X? Isn't it secksy?! ^_^