PDA

View Full Version : Call me crazy...

Fade to Black
09-09-2002, 11:57 AM
I've been selling my PSX games lately to buy SNES games...I bought Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Tournament Fighters last night, and I plan to go back and get some more tonight. I'm having a blast with some of these old games. I don't know about anyone else, but classic gaming is so much better than modern games on the PS2 and XBOX and stuff. :mega:

Duka Lt
09-09-2002, 09:04 PM
You're crazy. You asked :)

zfreak2004
09-09-2002, 09:22 PM
You're crazy.

In all seriousness, I don't blame you. I'm still trying to track down my gold Zelda cart. Plus some other favorites.

Dracula
09-09-2002, 09:46 PM
I believe him, but there are "classic" games to be played on PSX as well... Castlevania: Chronicles was actually made around the time the SNES came out, only it was on a rare PC in Japan. And SOTN is a classic in its own right... If you got rid of those, I awta punch your throat. :)

Fade to Black
09-09-2002, 10:43 PM
Didn't have Chronicles...but I still have SOTN, and I wouldn't trade that to save my life! One of my top ten favorite games of all time.

Daarkseid
09-10-2002, 12:09 AM
Yeah, some of those PSX games are classics themselves.

The only problem with classic gaming is that you can concievably get bored of those games all over again, and then what are you stuck with? Newer games.

So the best thing to do, is never to have sold your classic games and consoles in the first place(I still have my NES and SNES). I'm kicking myself for ever trading away Secret of Mana.

That way, when the new games seem like crap or not that fun to play, you can go back to the classics and get bored of those again.

Fade to Black
09-10-2002, 12:59 AM
Well, I still have most of my old games. I kept the important ones. The ones I got rid of are easily played on emulation instead, or are the two SNES FF titles that I can play on the PSX anyway. I'm picking up games I rented in the past that I never owned. Cheap games though...I won't be purchasing Secret of Mana unless I get some kind of suprise work bonus which would be highly unlikely.

jman2050
09-10-2002, 07:40 AM
I have kept every single game I've ever owned, no exceptions. Classic gaming is just plain fun. And when you can't get your hands on a console game, try the next best thing (you know what I'm talking about :D )

Tygore
09-10-2002, 05:35 PM
Old DOS computer abondonware? Heck yeah! :D

jman2050
09-10-2002, 06:23 PM
No, I'm talking about the OTHER best thing :rolleyes: .

Tygore
09-10-2002, 10:21 PM
Read-Only Memory?

Fade to Black
09-10-2002, 10:33 PM
HAHAHA!!! fun...

I perfer the actual thing to ROMs though...unless its NES because I can't get my damn system working anyway.

mrz84
09-10-2002, 11:52 PM
ah, classic gaming. how i miss thee. let me NOT count the ways because they are too many to count on my fingers and toes combined. i for one think that roms are a last resort when the classics are out of your reach. :kawaii: