PDA

View Full Version : The villager was right!!!

Dracula
09-08-2002, 08:09 PM
http://www.webspawner.com/users/cv2dethstar/deathstar.jpg

I guess this means that some games' "bad translation" aren't... bad translation after all...

So, what games do you think have the BEST translation? I'd say both Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid 2. They are some of the only games with better translation than the Japanese version.

Tygore
09-08-2002, 08:46 PM
How can games have better translation than the japanese? Do you speak Japanese?

AlexMax
09-08-2002, 08:55 PM
All translations, by defintions, lose something in the tranlation from Japanese to English. There are no equal for some words.

Warlock
09-08-2002, 09:06 PM
That's pretty funny, although they should have drawn the Death Star in sprite form to look more authentic..

Dracula
09-08-2002, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Tygore
How can games have better translation than the japanese? Do you speak Japanese?

As a matter of fact, I'm learning it. I think MGS/2 had better translation than the Japanese games because they were more expressive.

Originally posted by Warlock
That's pretty funny, although they should have drawn the Death Star in sprite form to look more authentic..

Who's "they"? I made that. Same withthe images in my sig, and the "Pacula" picture.

Lone Wolf
09-09-2002, 11:11 PM
Simons Quest....haven't seen that for along time.

Daarkseid
09-10-2002, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Lone_Wolf
Simons Quest....haven't seen that for along time.

I played that a little while ago, seriously, for the first time. Damn is that ever an awesome game, for its time and even now. Konami needs to make another like it. Only problem is that the bosses sucked. And Dracula was just awful... I wound up killing him without taking much damage by just throwing that Diamond weapon around. Even Dracula in the later Castlevanias were harder than this.

Fade to Black
09-10-2002, 01:18 AM
Completely off topic, but Drac, your new Av is awsome!

Kairyu
09-10-2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Daarkseid
I played that a little while ago, seriously, for the first time. Damn is that ever an awesome game, for its time and even now. Konami needs to make another like it. Only problem is that the bosses sucked. And Dracula was just awful... I wound up killing him without taking much damage by just throwing that Diamond weapon around. Even Dracula in the later Castlevanias were harder than this.

Konami DID make another game almost exactly like it! It's for the PSX and Sega Saturn! Except, instead of completely sucky bosses, this game had one boss more difficult than most final bosses (Including that game! :eyebrow: ). That, and the diamond probably didn't work quite as well on the big dead guy.

teddyboy420
09-10-2002, 11:08 PM
Off topic but, Simon's Quest is an awsome game. But there is one part in the middle that I couldn't get past, I haven't played it in like 10 years now.

Umm, game translations huh? Like AlexMax said, there really can't be a perfect translation. There are things in each language that just don't have equivalents (sp?) in other languages.

mrz84
09-10-2002, 11:13 PM
by kami that is kick ass, drac. :kawaii: