PDA

View Full Version : Zelda GBA

The Silent Assassin
09-08-2002, 01:51 AM
http://pocket.ign.com/articles/370/370320p1.html

Beldaran
09-08-2002, 04:06 AM
Wow like everyone hasn't already beaten LTTP forty times or so.

Nintendo should consider doing something cool instead.

Daarkseid
09-08-2002, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by Beldaran

I'll agree with you there. The least Nintendo could do is take the LTTP engine and make a new Zelda game with it(or maybe two and have them interact with each other like the Oracle games).
Or to hell with the two cart connectibility and just make one big Zelda game with the LTTP engine that takes advantage of the fact that GBA carts hold more than SNES ones do. C'mon, we need a good adventure game on GBA that lasts more than 2 hours at most.

Cronic
09-08-2002, 04:53 AM
yup which is why Nintendo or even Zelda news no longer interests me.

Dragon
09-08-2002, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Daarkseid
I'll agree with you there. The least Nintendo could do is take the LTTP engine and make a new Zelda game with it(or maybe two and have them interact with each other like the Oracle games).
Or to hell with the two cart connectibility and just make one big Zelda game with the LTTP engine that takes advantage of the fact that GBA carts hold more than SNES ones do. C'mon, we need a good adventure game on GBA that lasts more than 2 hours at most.

When it comes to the GBA, everyone's just a portaholic. They keep expecting you to by the same Mario games that have been out on the SNES, and the same Zelda games... what's saddest is this is what a lot of third-parties do as well. When a "new" game does come out, like Castlevania or Metroid, the system rocks. I just can't wait for Nintendo to stop bombarding our GBA with ports and start working on new versions of all their series for the GBA.

ZeldaLord
09-08-2002, 12:18 PM
What's wierd though is that it's called 4 swords, perhaps that means there are 2 more games we haven't seen yet.

Gerudo
09-08-2002, 12:51 PM
the only ZELDA i plan on getting is the GC Zelda... say what you want, but i think ZGC looks sweet!

as for a new LTTP style game, id tell N to go for it, its not like they have anything to lose with

A: a new game

B: it being zelda, no one will care

Orion
09-08-2002, 12:54 PM
Yeah really, when was the last time Nintendo made an original game for the GBA? *pause for thought* It was bout a year ago methinks. Everything else (if not nearly everything else) has been a port of an SNES game.

Blonde799
09-08-2002, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by ZeldaLord
What's wierd though is that it's called 4 swords, perhaps that means there are 2 more games we haven't seen yet.
4 swords = multiplayer zelda!!!:D

Warlock
09-08-2002, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Beldaran

Not everyone.. all those Zelda 64 newbies never did play it.. you know, the ppl who never even owned an SNES because they were too young..

But otherwise, I don't even care.. chance to play LTTP anywhere is pretty damn nice :)

ShyGuy0824
09-08-2002, 02:03 PM
Hey... I never got to play LTTP on the SNES because I didn't have one... There's nothing wrong with porting a game to the GBA, either. Nintendo does need to increase the amount of games that it puts on GBA, but it's not like it's slacking off or anything, it just needs to put more projects out there. Right now everyone seems to be working on GC games.

AlexMax
09-08-2002, 02:20 PM
Four Swords, anyone?

Maverick_Zero
09-08-2002, 02:34 PM
There will be two games, and it uses a new engine I believe. There will be the Link to the past :angry: and the 4 swords a multiplayer game. I am so bored with LTTP.

Dart Zaidyer
09-08-2002, 04:56 PM
Has it ever occurred to anyone that they might have changed the seven maidens' storyline to account for OoT? The original story clashes a few times with that plot.

Warlock
09-08-2002, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Dart_Zader
Has it ever occurred to anyone that they might have changed the seven maidens' storyline to account for OoT? The original story clashes a few times with that plot.

Very very very doubtful.

Masamune
09-08-2002, 06:31 PM
is four swords gonna be the same stupid obstacle course everytime you play?

jman2050
09-08-2002, 08:06 PM
As far as we know, the dungeon will be random, sort of like Gauntlet.

Orion
09-08-2002, 11:16 PM
The maidens were decendnts of the wise men if I'm not mistaken, so I don't see how they really "clash."

Dracula
09-08-2002, 11:38 PM
The maidens were descendants of the Sages. OOT was the war that the intro to LTTP talked about. I think they should at least change the look of the maidens, cuz I don't see how a descendant of a Goron can turn out to be a lovely maiden...

Mak-X
09-08-2002, 11:50 PM
It may just be they didn't want to be constrained by A Link to the Past's maidens being all female Hylians, or it works out somehow were not seeing, like the maidens still be descendants, but of Sages, but not necessarily the ones in Ocarina of Time, but of their line, like the Ancient Sages before Ocarina of Time happens (like Rauru). Although Ganondorf did threaten Link and Zelda's descendants, along with the Sages. Ocarina of Time's sages should be the ones A Link to the Past refers to, especially since Impa makes the extra effort to say "we the Wise Ones" to bridge the gap between terms (and the whole Ganon sealing with the threats thing). And Sages is another word for Wise Men.

Also the fact that Ganondorf was sealed away with the Triforce of Power in Ocarina of Time, while he is said to be sealed away with the full Triforce in A Link to the Past...though these events became obscured by the midsts of time and became myths and legends...

How the Triforce goes from being split from the end of Ocarina of Time, to being full in A Link to the Past is not known...

There's something missing that has yet to be explained for another game, or has already been explained :)

I agree thought that there won't be any changes to the text or anything graphically to fit Ocarina of Time. Would be neat if they made some clear reference to Ocarina of Time though, like maybe using the term "Sacred Realm" once or something.